Corsair Community

iCUE v4.20.169 Release Notes

Corsair Nick

• Corsair Employee
Software Enhancements
  • The ASUS Integration now has a lighting effect assigned by default
  • Resolved an issue with the Color Wheel showing the wrong color after an edit
  • Resolved an issue with Lighting Link working improperly with Windows 11
  • Lighting Link > Temperature will no longer have an empty dropdown for sensor selection

View full version

The last version and this one, both take a long time to load. All versions prior to these last two loaded fine.

I can see iCUE.exe in the taskmanager but it takes about 3 minutes to show on screen and the LEDs to respond.

I also tried with all corsair services running (I usually disabled the not needed ones) and it didn't help.

X570E / 5900X / 64GB 3600 CL16

3090 Gaming OC

Edited by Sacco Belmonte
  • Like 1

• Corsair Employee
25 minutes ago, Sacco Belmonte said:

The last version and this one, both take a long time to load. All versions prior to these last two loaded fine.

I can see iCUE.exe in the taskmanager but it takes about 3 minutes to show on screen and the LEDs to respond.

I also tried with all corsair services running (I usually disabled the not needed ones) and it didn't help.

3090 Gaming OC

Make sure all of your other software is updated, especially Armoury Crate and its modules if you have that installed. What you are describing sounds like issues that arise when Armoury Crate is wanting to push and update for your motherboard or other modules for it.

Hi 🙂

No Armoury Crate installed here. No RGB software/service other than iCUE running at the same time.

HWInfo and Argus Monitor have both SMBus detection/drives disabled.

I'm 100% positive my system hasn't changed and iCUE never ever did that prior to the last two versions.

Would it help if I give you a nfo file? Or do a system trace while loading iCUE?

47 minutes ago, Sacco Belmonte said:

3090 Gaming OC

Something ive noticed too. 

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero still showing incorrect temps and fan speeds with this new version.

Update made AND SO FAR SO GOOD.

All my devices still working ....

Capture d’écran 2022-02-02 124724.png

• Like 1

Where did you download the latest version? For me 20 hours after the announcement nothing in the in-app updater nor the Corsair.com download section.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChriscomIT said:

Where did you download the latest version? For me 20 hours after the announcement nothing in the in-app updater nor the Corsair.com download section.

in the in-app updater.

h115i Pro with 4 fans (push pull)

Request:

Can you please add a way to use GPU temps to control AIO fan curve additionally to CPU? (As Argus monitor does)

Or at least allow one channel to use GPU temps and the other channel to use CPU temps?

So far, if you change the sensor in one curve it will affect the sensor on the other curve as well. (I have separate curves for my push pull config)

• Like 1

@c-attack

Carrying over from last post.

No, the Lighting Node Pro can store a pattern. The tricky bit is some patterns won’t match the preview. A static red will always be a static red, but the more complex the software version of the pattern, the more likely there will be a simpler modified version when in hardware mode. On QL/LL fans, spiral rainbow becomes rainbow channel. Color wave is 1 wave fan set and not the software version 1 wave per fan. Are you able to set any pattern?

The other tricky bit is 4 or more QL fans on a Lighting Node Pro will disable the second RGB channel.  That is a specific LNPro limitation, but should not affect the hardware lighting options.  Those are the same for all controllers 

You are certainly onto something. The pattern I have set is Rainbow Wave and when iCue is closed the pattern is rainbow wave, but across all fans and not individual fans. I have 4 QL fans connected to the Lighting Node Pro. I was able to set the following HW patterns:

Rainbow, Color Shift, Color Pulse, Color Wave (Only played one fan at a time), Sequential, Strobing, Visor (played one fan at a time slowly), Marquee *shudders*

Furthermore, after updating iCue some of the presets suddenly stopped working (a red triangle started showing up). After closing and opening iCue, the Screen Setup was gone and I couldn't do anything. After clean installing the previous version everything is fine (thank god it was still available on Corsair website). It's super frustrating, new version is a mess.

The K100 mute icon is still stuck once enabled. Hopefully this is being addressed in future releases.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CivilizedAge said:

The K100 mute icon is still stuck once enabled. Hopefully this is being addressed in future releases.

Same here, have the K100 OPX and mute icon LED will get stuck on MUTED.

Back on December 16th, 2021, Corsair released a press brief stating:

A version of CORSAIR iCUE software with XMP Manager is now available for download, offering an unparalleled level of control and customization to enthusiasts with the latest CORSAIR DDR5 memory. XMP Manager enables onboard voltage regulation of DDR5 memory through iCUE, delivering more precise, stable overclocking with custom Intel® XMP 3.0 profiles that can be saved directly to the module, to easily tailor performance to specific tasks.

I'm running a 32GB kit of Dominator Platinum RGB 6200MHz CL36 DDR5 memory and have the latest version (v4.20.169) of ICUE and the XMP manager is not to be found. Has there been a problem with it and/or is it expected to be released soon™?

And yes, I have SPD Write enabled.

I'm glad to see few things fixed for Nexus.

But please also fix Nexus button background. When it's off, it should be off (transparent, as it was in v3) not just black.

This is one of the reasons why I keep going back to 3.8.

Ever since upgrading to this version both my wife and I's PC are having ICUE just randomly quitting for no reason. This is also after doing a full fresh install (deleting all folders and registry entries etc for clean install). Would love some guidance on a good version to roll back to. 

• Like 1

Another BAD update, problems are not solved, the k100 audio mute indicator light.

On top of that the Corsair Audio analyzer light stopped functioning as well, to fix this i had to disconnect the void headset, then remove device/uninstall all it's hidden/ghosted parts in windows device manager (very important step or it doesn't work!!!). Then reconnect the Void Elite USB and have it rediscovered by windows. ONLY then does the Corsair audio visualizer starts to work again. This happens on almost every icue update now......

Keep trying , maybe one day you will get it right without having to guess what you are doing. I'm getting the idea that corsair gear is not really meant to be used , only to be put up for display and pray it keeps working. Like the Showboat that sinks when it hits water. No excuses corsair, this has been going on for how many years now ?

4.18.209 seems to be working as it should , so that version is what is going to stay and don't bother me again with your harassment updates to iCue.

• Like 1

once i installed this update it ruined everything. it ran fine with bindings for gunfire reborn but when i tried to launch overwatch i got 8fps on the menu. immediately restarted and the program hasnt worked since. tried reparing, tried reinstalling, even tried uninstalling asus armory but no. its ICue. besides, it worked fine until this update. thanks for the info @frizur, Im rolling back to 4.18.209.