Corsair Community

New XG5 clear water block compatability

lukacsmw

I just saw the new clear RGB XG5 block and it looks awesome.  I've been holding out on getting a 3080 series until the stock started to clear up (lol - it hasn't).  Anyway, my 1080's have started to break down and I'm at the point where I need to pull the trigger.  Getting an FE at Best Buy seems to be basically impossible.  Is this block compatible with any other cards?  The compatibility checker doesn't seem to have it yet, and the other brands seem to be easier to find (although more $$).

Be careful, the Nvidia 3000 FE is NOT reference design this time.

you will need to get a card from another brand that is reference design to use this block. That's more options, and i guess the compatibility table shows you which can work?

Wow, you're right!  I assumed since the FE cards weren't listing this block in the compatibility tool, that the tool just hadn't been updated.  But I looked through and about 1/3 of the cards are - but mostly the "smaller" brand cards.  Not ASUS, MSI or GIGABYTE, but rather brands like Zotac, PNY, Manli, Leadtek, Galax and Gainward.  Which kind of sucks because those cards are a.) mostly not available in the US and b.) super over-priced.  I think I'm just gonna stick with my SLI 1080TI's for another year  until the 4000 series hits and maybe I can get something there.

the others have custom PCBs, all your Trio, Ventus, Strix and TUFs but Corsair doesn't do many of those. you'd have to get another brand to have a block on that style.

GPUs are so hard to get i wouldn't buy one depending on one block availability. Watercooling specialized brands have blocks for pretty much everything now

• 2 months later...