Corsair Community

iCue Fan Build RGB Chaos!!

LaLaLoona

Hi all, building my first gaming rig and the build is going to have 7 iCue RGB fans (3 front, 3 top from AIO and 1 rear). 

For PWM fan control I'm happy to get a fan splitter and have 2 of the front panel fans run at the same speed but for RGB I'm confused how to get all 7 linked up!

The H150I comes with the commander core and the case comes with the lightning node core. Where do I plug the node core into and will it pick up the RGB fans as 7 if the other 6 are plugged into the commander! 

Just a bit confused on how to get all 7 RGB fans working to be recognised in iCue once I build!

Parts in question:

Case = 5000X

AIO = H150i Elite Capellix

Fans = 1x SP120 Elite (for rear). 6x 120 RGB (from AIO & case)

Motherboard = X570 Gigabyte Aorus Elite

Not great options for 7th fan.  Officially you need another RGB controller and then you divide you fans between the two RGB controllers in a way that makes sense for your build (6+1, 3+4, etc). Besides the extra wiring this divides the fans into two separately controlled groups and you can’t do continuous moving effects between different controllers. 

The other option is an RGB splitter from a 3rd party. This will “twin” the two fans on the splitter and each will display the same effect at the same time. Works just fine for stationary lighting, but moving fan to fan patterns will cause #6 and #7 (or whichever is paired) to fire simultaneously. 

Edited by c-attack