Corsair Community

H150I elite capellix "Pump error"

Good afternoon everyone I recently got a H150I elite capillex the pump is clearl and the flashing begins. I've tried reinstalling Icue (fresh and older versions) I have verified that the commander core works in another system. Odd thing is if I force a y working temps are amazing, all of the RGB (pump and 3 ml120s) are synced and flashing red. During startup the fans seems to operate normally after about 10 seconds then the fans ramp to 100% and the flashing starts. Oddly enough if I force a firmware update it works perfectly for about 15ish seconds and then the problem arises again. My guess is a faulty sensor as the pump RPM in Icue reads 0 all the time.

Seems to be a few of these right now. It could be the tach wire back to the MB or the receiver on the Commander Core end. You can contact Corsair Support to try for individual replacement of the Commander Core (do Advanced RMA) or swap the entire thing with the vendor. Not sure which is best for you. Problem is the defect could be on the pump signal end as well. 

If you go into the CUE software, Commander Core-> Notifications can you delete the alarm response?  That would at least give you control back in the meantime, but no pump rpm is a problem. 

I have disabled the alarm response and to no avail it still doesn't give me control, I've opened a ticket with corsair support. I'm hoping I don't have to RMA but it seems like the most likely outcome.

20 hours ago, Aspect37 said:

Oddly enough if I force a firmware update it works perfectly for about 15ish seconds and then the problem arises again

Flashing the firmware is usually the second recommendation and it is concerning that it immediately appears again after the flash.  This seems like a hardware problem.  I think you will need to replace, one way or the other.  

I replaced the commander core and everything seems to be working great, guess I just got unlucky and got a defective core out of the box