Corsair Community

Corsair TWINX and XXX DDR Booster

hquest

Hi all.

I was looking at some reviews around the net, and find at least "interesting" the XXX DDR Booster device (replace XXX by "o c z" as forum doesn't allow me to use these words here), and i'm really tempted to acquire one. As its product description says, max VDIMM depends on motherboard, but i'm really planning in using them not that far away from the usual (max 3.05V), or with TRUE 2.85V.

Is there any (in)compatibility between their product and Corsair TWINX CMX512-4000Pro memory kits? Anyone has tried this before? Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Corsair memory is warrantied up to, but not over, 2.9 volts. Also, some ICs do not benefit from being overvolted.

... anything more that i don't know yet?

just kiddin :laughing:

Actually i'm not going to stress memories with overvolting or some other hardcore change, but i'm way pissed with some stability troubles, so thats why i'm looking at that product. Also, i don't think an "external VRM" could be hazardous for my system if i don't force them. But, better safe than sorry :)

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees

You would need to make sure that this device is compatible with your MB, as some MB's will not run properly with that VRM. But as long as you dont go over 2.9 Volts our modules should not be a problem.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And what exactly is the problem?

You would need to make sure that this device is compatible with your MB, as some MB's will not run properly with that VRM. But as long as you dont go over 2.9 Volts our modules should not be a problem.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And what exactly is the problem?

Sorry for the long delay, i was out of town.

Yes, both my motherboards are fully supported -- actual and buggy Asus P4P800 Deluxe, and my (yet in RMA) Abit IC7-G. I came here at your forums with a nifty trouble with a TWINX-4000Pro kit and the i865 chipset in dual channel -- here's my story so far -> http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=36931

Archived