Corsair Community

Mouse RGB wont stay off, defaults after short while?

Forgive me but I joined this forum specifically just to solve this problem, I have looked everywhere to solve it.

After a short while the RGB lights on my mouse seem to default to on??? basically I have my keyboard and mouse set to no lights! when the PC is left for a short while the RGB's seem to default (like as if when the software is closed), my PC is set to not sleep, or hybernate, or turn off, except the monitor after 10 mins!

All I want is for the mouse to not light up continuously.

Keyboard is:- Corsair Gaming K55 RGB, wired

Mouse is:- Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro, wired

I really hope this is stupid and simple and someone can help, many thanks in advance.

Look to see if the CUE app has crashed when this happens.  It will be missing from the system tray in the task bar.  When this happens you drop into Hardware Lighting mode and it shows the pattern saved to the device. 

It would be good to find out why the software is crashing.  Go to CUE settings and turn on the debug logging.  That may be of interest to Corsair Support.  In the meantime, you can work around it by setting the HW Lighting values to 0,0,0 static black and if you are not using any of the advanced KB/mouse features you could then run without the software at all.  Leave it installed if changes need to be made, but set not to run on start up.  

ok so iv done some more thinking and i missed something, my pc locks, and i have to put in a password to use it, i forgot this may cause issues, and im guessing in my stupidity it stops icue working when locked, and so iv tried to solve this now, but hardware profiles is missing in icue and i have the latest, and apparantly its all icue's fault? according to goggle and peoples opinions?

I just wanna lock my pc but also not have the damned mouse default its rgb, shouldnt the mouse default rgb out of the box be off anyway ffs.

ya know i did a lot of research before buying a new keyboard and mouse for gaming, on a budget mind you, icue was said to be best for rgb as u can do anything and everything, so i belived that, guess i was wrong, didnt want the mouse rgb, just the keyboard for using in dark, not cos i like fancy lighting, am poor thus couldnt afford mechanical, i chose poorly basikly cos this software and figuring it out and googling is the most iv had to do with anything on pc for the last 20 years, its not simple or maybe im a boomer now, i should be able to google this and solve it with an hour at most not weeks im very frustrated with my purchase corsair, what am i missing.

another update, im an idiot, i expected my icue software to update itself or to click a button, and yes it says its up to date, but upon further investigation i dont have the latest icue software, apparantly 4 is out, and the app dont upgrade to it or inform you soooooo uv made a fool of me corsair, a frustrated fool

5 hours ago, Naiv69 said:

I just wanna lock my pc but also not have the damned mouse default its rgb, shouldnt the mouse default rgb out of the box be off anyway ffs.

That may not be possible.  When you lock the PC, everything will drop to HW mode.  The K55 RGB may not have hardware profile storage and it may not be controllable.  The website says the Harpoon RGB PRO does have onboard storage, so there should be a "Hardware Lighting" tab for it in CUE.  

The directions for saving hardware lighting to KBs and mice is a bit different than other devices.  You can create the "Hardware Lighting" pattern in any software or special hardware profile (mini SD card icon) and mouse name.  You then must actively save it to the device through the "device settings" tab at the bottom of the list for the Harpoon page.  

I appreciate the comment and advice, thank you, but im just gonna have to live with this unnecessary and insufficient pc software and hardware thing that isn't to my specification or standard cos I fort it be obvious and simple, guess i should just cover the rgb with a sticker, would have saved me form all this in first place.