Corsair Community

Mouse causes FPS drops in CS:GO

Hello, I hope this is the right board to post in, else please move it to right one :)

So, I have the Dark core pro mouse and when I use it in-game, it causes much FPS drops, like 100 FPS drops and it only happens when I move the mouse and if I use a non corsair mouse, then there is no problems.. 

Can someone help me figure out why this happens with my Corsair mouse (Other team mates also has this problem with their Corsair mouse)

• Corsair Employees

Hi Conver,

Try turning down the Polling Rate on your mouse, that's almost definitely the cause here. Higher polling rate = higher CPU usage, and can cause this exact issue. 

• Like 1

Hey @Corsair Blade, Thank you very much for for reply. Yes I'm using 2k polling rate, I will try lowering it down, I just hope it won't effect my mouse movement to much. But thanks for the heads up, I will try and report back

So far, it actually seems to have worked! I so own a k95 plat keyboard aswell, which is set to 1k polling rate, could that effect too? I've lowered it now together with the mus.

• Corsair Employees
5 hours ago, Conver said:

So far, it actually seems to have worked! I so own a k95 plat keyboard aswell, which is set to 1k polling rate, could that effect too? I've lowered it now together with the mus.

Hi Conver,

Higher polling rate is going to affect CPU usage from both the keyboard and the mouse, but moreso from the mouse, which is sending constant feedback to your system. Tuning down the keyboard polling rate won't HURT anything, CPU performance wise, that's certain. 

Also, make sure you have iCUE minimized to the System Tray (just click the X in the upper right if you have it in the foreground), as if it is actively rendering devices on the iCUE screen, that also takes processing power. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corsair Blade said:

Hi Conver,

Higher polling rate is going to affect CPU usage from both the keyboard and the mouse, but moreso from the mouse, which is sending constant feedback to your system. Tuning down the keyboard polling rate won't HURT anything, CPU performance wise, that's certain. 

Also, make sure you have iCUE minimized to the System Tray (just click the X in the upper right if you have it in the foreground), as if it is actively rendering devices on the iCUE screen, that also takes processing power. 

Okay, I've lowered both to about medium setting on both and it my made FPS way more stable, was a real joy playing again. I so have a kinda oldschool CPU (AM3+ bulldozer), so everything I can free up is good.

I normally had the dashboard open on another screen since most of my hardware is Corsair and I like monitor what I can, but I don't do it anymore as it used to much power!

the other 2 that had the same problem is also fixed and they are on some old CPU as well, so I guess it's about time to update ;)

• Corsair Employees

Check out this article on Polling Rates, it might give you some ideas of hardware to shoot for!

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405984374157-Higher-polling-rates-for-keyboards-and-mice

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Corsair Blade said:

Check out this article on Polling Rates, it might give you some ideas of hardware to shoot for!

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405984374157-Higher-polling-rates-for-keyboards-and-mice

Awesome, will read it! Yeah, Playing a lot of CSGO, so FPS is a priority :)