Corsair Community

Pump Speed Issues

Hello all,

A few days ago I bought a Corsair iCUE H100I Elite Capellix, at first it made some unsavoury noise but I chalked that down to air inside the loop. That noise has stopped now.

When I first installed it and booted into iCUE it let me change the modes for the speeds, I set mine to Quiet because Extreme is both unecessary and loud. The next day when I booted my PC the pump appears to be running on the Extreme profile but I still have it as Quiet, no attempts to change these settings decrease or increase the RPM and the graph for the speed itself looks very erratic. Jumpings up and down between 2600 and 2700 RPM constantly. I haven't tried a lot of things because I cannot find a lot on this issue.
https://prnt.sc/26lfi8b

i don't know about the quiet/extreme stuff; but the speed is stable.

What you are seeing is iCUE's notoriously bad scaling of graphs. It is extremely zoomed in. The variations are margin of error readings that would appear flat if the UI was designed properly.

with a bit of play with the calculator, you are seeing ~50 rpm variations on a pump spinning at 2700 rpm.

The topic of your 1st paragraph is noise and you stated this is now resolved. Your second paragraph is focused on an “erratic pump jumping up and down between 2600-2700” along with a screenshot. The poster above explained this a function of how CUE logs and displays it’s pump speeds. It is quite relevant to that issue  

If what you are trying to say is the pump is stuck on extreme and you can’t change the speed, you did not explicitly do so. You did say “you haven’t tried a lot of things”, but one would assume setting the pump back to quiet would have the very first. Since you did not discuss that all, it’s only logical to assume you do have pump control and your concern was the erratic graph appearance. You will not see a flatline 2700 rpm +-1 graph. What might be more telling is if your lower speeds are considerably more steady in their speed and only extreme is not. 

On 1/29/2022 at 9:42 AM, Merkurij said:

The next day when I booted my PC the pump appears to be running on the Extreme profile but I still have it as Quiet, no attempts to change these settings decrease or increase the RPM and the graph for the speed itself looks very erratic.

This sentence says exactly what I mean explicitly, it is on the quiet profile but running at extreme speeds and I cannot change it 🙂 I gave more information than I thought necessary because then you don't have to ask me those questions if they end up being relevant. Also in the screenshot I posted you can clearly see I am using the "Quiet" profile and almost 3000RPM on an AIO pump is hardly quiet.

2 hours ago, Merkurij said:

I gave more information than I thought necessary because then you don't have to ask me those questions

Don't worry.  We won't ask you any more questions.  

Okay?

I fixed this problem on my own. I don't know how or why this affected it but my PCI cable to my GPU was not in properly, I put it in properly and now my pump works as intended. This thread can be closed now.