Corsair Community

My H150 RGB doesn't work correctly

Azkaal

I bought a H150 RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler a couple of days ago, connected everything correctly, pump to CPU_fan, fan PWM to CHA_FAN1, but it doesn't show up in iCUE and i can't adjust pump speed.
I also tried to connected it to my PWM that comes with my case, then pump starts to buzz very strongly.

Is it a defective?

Device to software communication is through the USB 2.0 connection.  If you are using an "i" cooler that iCUE compatible, you must connect the device to the motherboard with that cable.  If you really have a "H150 RGB", then there is no USB cable and it is not a CUE capable device.  

The H150 RGB is powered via the PWM connector from the pump.  Do not try to run it like a fan.  It needs to be set to 100%/disabled or 'full speed' in the BIOS to make sure the pump gets the full 12v.  It is not an adjustable pump.  

Edited by c-attack

53 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Device to software communication is through the USB 2.0 connection.  If you are using an "i" cooler that iCUE compatible, you must connect the device to the motherboard with that cable.  If you really have a "H150 RGB", then there is no USB cable and it is not a CUE capable device.  

The H150 RGB is powered via the PWM connector from the pump.  Do not try to run it like a fan.  It needs to be set to 100%/disabled or 'full speed' in the BIOS to make sure the pump gets the full 12v.  It is not an adjustable pump.  

Oh understood, but in bios i can adjust pump speed, at full speed motor is very heard, so i set graph from 50% to 100%, i also managed to connect fans via PWM and set color in aura, their speed can also be configured in the bios.