Corsair Community

Please guide, need your help!! System restart while gaming.

Greetings, members.

I need your help. I use a 2200 VA Pure Sine Wave inverter having an output wattage of 1760 Watts with two batteries (220 Ah each), but while gaming, if there is power cut, my pc RESTARTS. However, everything works as expected if the computer is idle or performing some not so power-hungry task on a power cut. Plus, after RESTARTS, if I play the same game on the exact configuration on the inverter, there is no issue. The total calculated power consumption of the computer does not exceed 800 Watts. After a lot of googling and asking questions on different forums, two things stood clear. First, either the PSU under heavy load cannot hold power till the inverter kicks in or Second, the transfer time of the inverter is high, resulting in a system restart. But I doubt the inverter is the culprit here, as it can hold under Low to medium load. One more important thing the inverter resets with a overload warning showing red led for less than a second. I have the following hardware:

1) Asus 3090 Oc gaming GC
2) Corsair AX1000 80+ PSU
3) AMD 5950x
4) 3 NVME SSD’s
5) 1 HDD
6) Benq 32 inch Monitor

Please guide,

Thank you.

it really sounds like a switching delay issue. the PSU bulk cap drain before power is restored under heavy load and you get a power dip causing the mobo to restart.

Clearly the UPS is beefy enough to support the load as you have proven, but the PSU seems to need a faster switching.

The overload LED kind of indicates that may be the problem. when the PSU is completely discharged, it can drain quite the surge in current when the primary cap charges, for a short time. That's why you sometimes see or hear a spark when switching the PSU on the first time.

It's possible you lose power, the PSU discharges during the UPS switch delay, it connects battery power, the PSU pulls dozens of amps for a second, triggers your UPS overload warning, then power is restored, but your PC has rebooted in the meantime... all this happening in about a second or two.