Corsair Community

Corsair 7000D 14 fan build

Looking around I am not sure that I have seen a direct answer to my questions below or at least did not find it.  I will be building a z690 system very soon and am using the following:

• 4 QL 120's
  • 10 QL 140's (6 in push pull on the H170i)
  • Corsair 7000D with built in built in splitter (up to 6 fans)
  • Corsair H170i Elite LCD

I have a Commander Core XT, a Commander Pro (from inventory) and the H170i comes with the Commander Core.

Apart from the issues I hear about getting the H170I Elite LCD working correctly, I am debating on how I want to wire things up.  Initially I was going to have all 6 140 fans on the commander core that comes with the H170i and then use the Commander Core XT for the remaining 4 140mm fans and use the PWN splitter for the 4 120's.   So a couple of questions:

• Can I plug in the splitter/repeater that comes with the case into the Commander Core XT and have it control the 4 120's fan speed in sync from the one port?  Since the splitter/repeater is powered would this work? 
  • Would there be a benefit to use the Commander Pro instead?

For USB, I have 2 USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard and was going to use a NZXT USB HUB to give me more options.  I think I will need at least 4 USB headers.  2 for the H170i (Screen and pump), one for the Core XT and one more for one of the RGB modules that come with the QL fans.

I appreciate any thoughts anyone may have on this or if there is a way I can simplify things or make them better.

Edited by mpoffo

hi buddy...

So...

yes. use the PWM repeater supplied with the case. this will work as you expect. and present its self as a single fan in icue.. i currently have one commander running 32 fans this way lol..

and i would go with the Commander Core XT and an RGB Fan LED Hub as your control for all the fans not connected the the H170i 🙂 . 

Good luck on your quest.. and see links in my signature below for more on these devices and subjects

Thanks Zotty!  I appreciate you taking the time to respond and verify that my plan will work as expected.  🙂