Corsair Community

Improved Pump design?

PeteB

I have recieved an email from laing, the manufacturers of the delphi pump

They have explained that yes i am right and there is a problem with there pumps, for some users.

They have been VERY helpfull and have modified there pumps to try to fix the problem.

They are going to send me one free of charge (fair enough i do now have 2 faulty ones) with there modified electronics, for me to test for them.

Congratulations to Laing, excellent response, no fobbing me off,

Hope to recieve the improved pump design soon.

Well then, i can take my heatsink and fan back off and put on my watercooler again. EXCELLENT.

A very happy

PeteB

I have recieved an email from laing, the manufacturers of the Delphi pump.

They have explained that yes i am right and there is a problem with there pumps, for some users.

They have been VERY helpfull and have modified there pumps to try to fix the problem.

They are going to send me one free of charge (fair enough i do now have 2 faulty ones) with there modified electronics, for me to test for them.

Congratulations to Laing, excellent response, no fobbing me off,

Hope to recieve the improved pump design soon.

Well then, i can take my heatsink and fan back off and put on my watercooler again. EXCELLENT.

A very happy

PeteB

PeteB,

Good work! Glad that you went the extra step in getting this issue resolved. Please keep us up-to-date on the pump and the revision level you have. Mainly, we only track the OEM pumps at our Delphi locations. In the electronics cooling aftermarket, Laing supports our pump via distributors and retailers.

Peace!

Stev

PeteB,

Good work! Glad that you went the extra step in getting this issue resolved. Please keep us up-to-date on the pump and the revision level you have. Mainly, we only track the OEM pumps at our Delphi locations. In the electronics cooling aftermarket, Laing supports our pump via distributors and retailers.

Peace!

Stev

Hi Stev,

I havent had a return email from laing just yet, its only been a few days, hopefully they have one winging its way to me now.

The pump there sending me will probably efecctively be a prototype( modded so that full in rush current goes straight to the motor) this should mean that the pump starts up no matter where the poles stop.

Hope this makes sense will keep you informed soon as i get my new test pump.

Another thanks to Laing aswell.

Cheers

PeteB

I've had the same thing happen to me. There have been several occasions where I have to tap the pump to get it to start. When it first started happening I didn't know what was going on, the computer would just restart. Then one day after it restarted I touched the water block and it was very warm. That was when I realized what was going on, I have my bios setting to turn off the computer when the temp. reaches 60c. I've only had the pump for about 3 months. :(:

I've had the same thing happen to me. There have been several

occasions where I have to tap the pump to get it to start. When it first started happening I didn't know what was going on, the computer would just restart. Then one day after it restarted I touched the water block and it was very warm. That was when I realized what was going on, I have my bios setting to turn off the computer when the temp. reaches 60c. I've only had the pump for about 3 months. :(:

I think youre going to be happy now,

Laing the manufacturers of the pump, have realised there is a problem,

I have just recieved a modified pump, which should solve this problem.

I have only just fitted it, so i havent had chance to test it yet.

It does appear that the pumps work at first and then after a while fail.

I suspect that there will be lots more people eventually having there pumps fail on them.

I suggest you contact Laing and let them know.

I am a test subject for there new design. so rest assured once i have done some more testing, we should all be able to have a new improved pump.

Archived