Corsair Community

Bad Module

I need to get an RMA # for a bad RAM module.

Bought it on 2/11/05.

Corsair Twinx1024-3200xl 2x64x

I've had it in a SB81P shuttle system since purchase (it's the type both the shuttle and corsair sites recommend for this barebones). The only issue I've had is that I had to slow it down a bit 3-4-3-5 to keep it from hitting errors. I shutdown and unplugged the system a few days ago and when I plugged it back in I got the message 'no video signal'. I have two matched systems at home so I tried swapping out the video card, monitor, cpu, etc and the only thing that makes a difference is that when I have one of the two mem sticks in the system I get the error. When I pull that one out it boots fine. I've tried swapping the modules and that doesn't help.

• Corsair Employees

The minimum suggested voltage for these modules would be 2.75 Volts, so please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem. And I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
The minimum suggested voltage for these modules would be 2.75 Volts, so please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem. And I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

I've tried the different voltage settings with no luck. I've also tried putting each module in the computer by itself, one works fine but the other (same slot in the computer) causes no video signal. This has been tried on multiple computers. Putting an RMA in now.

Archived