Jump to content
Corsair Community

H150i LCD: No Screen Setup Tab when using alongside Commander XT


Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone,

I know I have seen similar posts but nothing exactly like mine that I can tell. I have a post related to this in the Hardware category but I believe this must be a software issue. Long story short I’m using an H150i Elite LCD, (12) ML120 Pro RGB Fans and Commander Pro XT. The Commander Pro XT handles the (6) RGB intakes while the Commander Core that comes with the H150i is controlling the (3) radiator fans as well as (1) RGB exhaust fan. It seems like that no matter what combination I use…

Options 1:

LCD in USB Header 1, NZXT Internal USB Hub in Header 2, Commander Core and Commander XT in the hub. In iCue this allows me to see the Pump/ AIO Fans and Control/Customize the LCD but the Commander Pro XT does NOT appear.

 

Option2:

Commander Pro XT in Header 1, NZXT USB Hub in Header 2, LCD and Commander Core in hub. In iCue this allows me to see everything (Pump and XT) and even control the pump RGB and the  fan RGB as well as the “rings” on the pump header but the Screen Setup tab is gone.

Any other combo only allowed me to control the pump ring RGB, fan RGB and customize the LCD but still with no XT appearing to control/customize the (6) front fans. It’s worth noting that any configuration I used that in the Device Manger that always (1) USB device would have a warning saying something along the line of “not enough resources”. I purchased the NZXT hub in hopes it would solve the issue but I have had no luck. So it seems like customizing the LCD/ Commander Core Combo is requiring more resources than 2 USB headers can produce when also using an XT.

 

Note: If it matters here’s my other parts that matter…

i7-12700k - MSI Edge Z690 MB - Corsair RGB 32GB DDR4 - MSI 3080

 

Thanks!
 

 

Edited by ImJustGreene
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi 

I feel your pain, almost exactly the same issue,  

  • H150i Elite LCD
  • Commander XT  
  • Commander Core
  • 7000X Corsair case 
  • 11 various Corsair RGB fans
  • 5900X / 6900xt

I also bought an internal NZXT USB Hub, which really made no difference.

You have to have the Commander Core connected to run the Pump so what I did as a work around is this. (as only 2 of the devices would work in any combination)

  1. Connected the Commander Core & Commander XT USB (Left the H150i screen connector disconnected)
  2. This allowed me to set the Hardware settings for the fans on the Commander XT in iCue (to Red) 
  3. I then disconnected the USB for the Commander XT and connected the USB for the Screen

I know have a Red system on boot that works with the LCD screen functioning.  Not ideal as I cant mess with the fan RGB without a major pain.  But works for me till they work out what the issue is with these things.

Hope this was of help.

🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

@Plasma1066 @Fado mind sharing your system specifications please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

@Plasma1066 @Fado mind sharing your system specifications please?

Hello

Motherboard: MSI Z690 Force Wifi
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5200Mhz
Proc: Intel i9 12900KF
Watercooling: Corsair H150i Elite LCD
SSd: 980 Pro Evo Samsung
Fans: Corsair SP-120 (x17)
Corsair Commander Core XT (x3)
Power: Corsair RM1000X
Case: Thermaltake P8 TG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Plasma1066 said:

Hi 

I feel your pain, almost exactly the same issue,  

  • H150i Elite LCD
  • Commander XT  
  • Commander Core
  • 7000X Corsair case 
  • 11 various Corsair RGB fans
  • 5900X / 6900xt

I also bought an internal NZXT USB Hub, which really made no difference.

You have to have the Commander Core connected to run the Pump so what I did as a work around is this. (as only 2 of the devices would work in any combination)

  1. Connected the Commander Core & Commander XT USB (Left the H150i screen connector disconnected)
  2. This allowed me to set the Hardware settings for the fans on the Commander XT in iCue (to Red) 
  3. I then disconnected the USB for the Commander XT and connected the USB for the Screen

I know have a Red system on boot that works with the LCD screen functioning.  Not ideal as I cant mess with the fan RGB without a major pain.  But works for me till they work out what the issue is with these things.

Hope this was of help.

🙂

 

Not a bad solution at all, good thinking. I was able to read a long thread  on here that was in German for this exact issue. Some people have had luck using a cable that goes from the 9 pin Male to a normal USB A connection and rout it outside the case and into the motherboard which seems to work. Unfortunately the part recommended by the German Corsair staff is unavailable on Amazon in the US.  Here is the Amazon link they provided…

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/CERRXIAN-Motherboard-Extension-Connector-Multiplier/dp/B08N9QMJZJ

Another possible solution I was was to buy this adapter,

USB Motherboard Connector 20 Pin USB 3.0 Female to 9 Pin USB 2.0 Male Motherboard Adapter Converter Cable - 30 cm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0953124LC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_VW55HYFVKVG0QATN9MN9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I saw other in the German thread that had some success with this. 

I’m not sure if this will work but this issue is pretty unfortunate. It seems like it’s depends on the Mobo you have because some people don’t have any issues while others have issues. I’ll report back tomorrow after the cable arrives to see if this works.

 

Also for anyone interested here in the link to that thread. I used Chrome to translate it. 
 

 

Edited by ImJustGreene
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

Have you guys tried connecting the COMMANDER CORE and LCD Screen directly to their own USB 2.0 header, rather than hub?

Also, the LCD comes with a USB Y-Splitter... is there any luck with that?

I understand these may not be permanent solutions but am curious to see if they alleviate the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Corsair Albert said:

Have you guys tried connecting the COMMANDER CORE and LCD Screen directly to their own USB 2.0 header, rather than hub?

Also, the LCD comes with a USB Y-Splitter... is there any luck with that?

I understand these may not be permanent solutions but am curious to see if they alleviate the issue.

In my situation I have the Core, LCD and the XT that need to be plugged in. Even then using the Y splitter or a powered internal usb hub, the best outcome you can get is everything appears in iCue but you can’t control what shows up on the LCD. The pump is there, just the tab to customize is missing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

@Plasma1066 @Fado mind sharing your system specifications please?

Hi

Motherboard: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Wifi
Ram: Corsair Ven
Proc: AMD 5900X
AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD
SSd: 980 Pro Evo Samsung 1TB x2
Fans: Corsair LL-120 (x4) - 140 x 4 (Came with case) + 3 x 120 with AIO
Corsair Commander Core XT (x1)
Corsair Commander Core (x1)
Corsair RGB Hub (plugged into XT)
Power: Corsair RM1000X
Case: Corsair 7000X

As I said previously everything plugged into XT is just Hardware set (to Red)  so pretty much all my case fans.

Been running like this for about 1 1/2 since I built it.  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

Have you guys tried connecting the COMMANDER CORE and LCD Screen directly to their own USB 2.0 header, rather than hub?

Also, the LCD comes with a USB Y-Splitter... is there any luck with that?

I understand these may not be permanent solutions but am curious to see if they alleviate the issue.

Yes I tried all combinations,  purchasing the USB hub was just another attempt that made little difference.

I Have 2 USB headers, but no combination (even using the Y-splitter for all devices) allowed all 3 devices to be connected at once. 

The LCD would not even function on its own USB header with the XT and CORE on the other, randomly one of the devices would have the “not enough resources” displayed.  (not always the same one)  very strange.

btw WIN 10 Pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The solution that i found, and it work, is to change the watercooling ^^
Read on deustch forum, that is the H150i problem, i try to start pc without it, and it work ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Plasma1066 said:

Yes I tried all combinations,  purchasing the USB hub was just another attempt that made little difference.

I Have 2 USB headers, but no combination (even using the Y-splitter for all devices) allowed all 3 devices to be connected at once. 

The LCD would not even function on its own USB header with the XT and CORE on the other, randomly one of the devices would have the “not enough resources” displayed.  (not always the same one)  very strange.

btw WIN 10 Pro

I had the exact “not enough resources” error in device a manger. The 20 pin to 9 pin cable I ordered is arriving today so if that solves it I’ll let everyone know. Part of me is doubtful but you never know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ImJustGreene said:

I had the exact “not enough resources” error in device a manger. The 20 pin to 9 pin cable I ordered is arriving today so if that solves it I’ll let everyone know. Part of me is doubtful but you never know. 

Ok so it looks like the 20 pin to 9 Pin Male cable worked! I now have full control of the LCD and everything appears in iCue. I can’t use my case front IO anymore but I guess it’s the price to pay to look at GIFs lol 

 

Here is a link to the Amazon page for anyone interested.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0953124LC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_VW55HYFVKVG0QATN9MN9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by ImJustGreene
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

Have you guys updated your BIOS to the latest available version?

Yes ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I just swapped my h150i elite for the h170i lcd version and started having the same issue with “not enough resources” when I use the cooler and the commander core xt that came with my 7000x case at the same time. I tried every way of configuring the 2 controllers with the internal 2.0 mobo headers even using the nzxt hub. Most of the time the xt wouldn’t show up in icee and the fans would default to max rpm and the rainbow rgb. Not fun when you have 5 fans on that controller. The best I could get was the ability to control the fans and rgb on both controllers but no screen setup option for the lcd.

After talking with support a few times they decided it was a bandwidth issue with the internal 2.0 headers (bandwidth being the “resources” there isn’t enough of.) They said the lcd screen uses quite a bit more than the older capellix cooler. The only solution I could come up with was putting the two cooler plugs on the mobo headers and running the xt controller on a 2.0 to 3.0 type a adapter to the rear io.

9-Pin USB Motherboard Male Header to Single USB 2.0 Type A Male Cable 7.8inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q2TLWGV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_K322GT51M6BW6YN8QM7K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
 

This worked immediately, both controllers and lcd show up with full control of everything. Seems like a janky workaround and there should be more compatibility between Corsair devices. 
Corsair should be putting an advisory up with this new cooler about this since there are so many people that run multiple controllers.

 

Corsair 7000x

Intel 10900k

Evga 3080ti ftw

Asus Maximus xii Hero

Samsung 980 pro 1tb boot

Samsung 980pro 2tb

Coraair Dominator Platinum 64gb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...