Corsair Community

Memory Problem

Ok, so I'm not exactly the master of hardware, and I'd love to get this problem resolved without having to send in my memory.

The problem all started when I came home from work to see my computer was frozen. Odd, but perhaps my roommate had screwed with it. Upon attempting to reboot, the alarm just sounded in steady intervals, with nothing appearing on the screen. So, I thought maybe my power supply was bad, and unplugged unnecessary peripherals. Same thing. To make a long story short, I eventually unplugged everything but what was absolutely required and it still wouldn't boot. I removed one of my dual memory sticks and same thing. So, I removed the other memory stick and inserted the first again. Now, it boots, no problem. Is this an error on my part or should I be sending in the stick for Corsair to test?

The memory I bought from NewEgg (I don't have the package any longer) says it's CMX512-3200C2PT, but over by the CORSAIR PLATINUM, there's a white sticker that says TWINX. I assume (since I bought the two sticks together) that it really is the TwinX3200, but I guess I don't know for sure.

Now for the computer:

Gigabyte K8N Ultra-SLI MotherBoard

CMX512-3200C2PT (x2 - TWINX ? see above)

The other hardware that I have, whether or not it affects the memory, I don't know:

Athlon 3500+

Asus "Extreme" N6600GT

• Corsair Employee

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem. And I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Archived