Corsair Community

TWINX1024-4400C25 Black or Platinum is TCCD + BP PCB?

FLD

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I am looking to get this TWINX1024-4400C25 ram for use with my mobos. So I woud like to ask these questions:

1. Which which between the black or platinum has TCCD chipset and brainpower PCB?

2. Does TWINX1024-4400C25 model have any issue with mobos as follow:

2.1 DFI NFII Ulra Infinity. running AMD XP-M 2600.

2.2 DFI NFII Lanparty B Rev. B. running AMD XP-M 2600.

2.3 DFI NF4 SLi-D. Will run AMD A64 3500 San Diego core.

2.4 Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. running P4 3.0C.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

FLD

• Corsair Employees

All XMS3200XL and XMS4400C25 modules use Samsung TCCD IC's and we use and enhanced version of the Brain Power PCB for XMS4400C25 and have done so since day one with this part.

As far as those systems, these modules would be compatible, but I am not sure the CPU's you have will Over Clock to the frequency needed to run these modules at the rated speed. You might check the S-Spec of the CPU's at http://www.overclockers.com to be sure.

Hey Ramguy,

I too am considering buying some CORSAIR 550MHZ XMS4400 C2.5, but I want to be sure that these modules contain Samsung TCCD and not TCC5 ICs.

Is there only 1 version / revision of these sticks, if not, what version should I look for to be certain of TCCDs.

Hey Ramguy,

Is there only 1 version of these stick, if not what version should I look for to be certain of TCCDs.

That'd be a good piece of info, too. In fact, I wanted to ask you this question but forgot to do so. They just won't allow me to return just because I bought an unwanted revision.

So, how many revision does "XMS4400C25" have and which revision has TCCD ships on Brain Power PCB?

As soon as I get your confirmation info I'll press the ENTER button to make an on-line order. ;):

All XMS3200XL and XMS4400C25 modules use Samsung TCCD IC's and we use and enhanced version of the Brain Power PCB for XMS4400C25 and have done so since day one with this part.

As far as those systems, these modules would be compatible, but I am not sure the CPU's you have will Over Clock to the frequency needed to run these modules at the rated speed. You might check the S-Spec of the CPU's at http://www.overclockers.com to be sure.

That's absolutely OK if the pair should run at 260 something.

I too am considering buying some CORSAIR 550MHZ XMS4400 C2.5, but I want to be sure that these modules contain Samsung TCCD and not TCC5 ICs.

Is there only 1 version / revision of these sticks, if not, what version should I look for to be certain of TCCDs.

So, how many revision does "XMS4400C25" have and which revision has TCCD ships on Brain Power PCB?

ALL XMS3200XL and XMS4400C25 modules use Samsung TCCD IC's and we use an enhanced version of the Brain Power PCB for XMS4400C25 and have done so since day one with this part.

Re-read thread.

Not that I think there much difference between Samsung TCCD and TCC5, but I will not buy these sticks until I know which ICs are present in each revision. I know that TCCDs are not produced anymore, so Corsair must be using a different IC or have stopped making this particular DIMM. Ram is too expensive to just go out to the mall and by on the spur of the moment, a little research helps make an informed decision. I'm just about to start upgrading my desktop PC to A64 S939 and if I can't be 100% certain that TwinX1024-4400C25 or CMX512-4400C25 contain TCCD... dam heat spreaders....I will NOT buy them.

My other option is to purchase some G.Skill 4400LE as there are no heat spreaders on this ram, but is a tad more expensive. Anyways I've got to make a decision soon before more local PC shop runs out of stock of G.Skill.

Re-read thread.

It is NOT possible for Corsair to still use TCCD as Samsung no longer produce them. Once Corsair's stockpile of this IC is exhausted these modules will be discontinued or the revision/ IC will change.

If Ramguy dose not reply and clear up the confusion I will go out buy G.Skill, it really is not worth arguing about to save $20.

Sorry but... :confused:

No need to be sorry, dude. ;): This is the palce we share all info we have or what we think. Can you please confirm that yours are 4400 or 4400C25? And How did you learn the fact?

Can you please confirm that yours are 4400 or 4400C25? And How did you learn the fact?

CMX512-4400C25 (v1.1 I think)... I removed the heat spreader saw that they were TCC5 and promply sold them on ebay and bought some P Q I Turbo Memory DC PC4000 with TCCDs which did 305MHz @ 2.5, 4, 4, 14. :biggrin:

CMX512-4400C25 (v1.1 I think)... I removed the heat spreader saw that they were TCC5 and promply sold them on ebay and bought some P Q I Turbo Memory DC PC4000 with TCCDs which did 305MHz @ 2.5, 4, 4, 14. :biggrin:

Good to hear from you. Let's hear from Ram Guy what he has to say. In fact I asked a shop to find out the pricing but have not told them to order a package for me.

Ram is too expensive to just go out to the mall and by on the spur of the moment, a little research helps make an informed decision. I'm just about to start upgrading my desktop PC to A64 S939 and if I can't be 100% certain that TwinX1024-4400C25 or CMX512-4400C25 contain TCCD... dam heat spreaders....I will NOT buy them.

And even worse if you are here. It would be much easier to take a meat out of a tiger's mouth than getting a refund from any shops here although you have all the valid ground for it.

No need to be sorry, dude. ;): This is the palce we share all info we have or what we think. Can you please confirm that yours are 4400 or 4400C25? And How did you learn the fact?

Thanks for clearing that up guys. It sort of looked like wired was saying 4400c25 doesn't run @ 4400.

I have the 4400c25, the sticker on the heat spreader confirms it.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. It sort of looked like wired was saying 4400c25 doesn't run @ 4400.

I have the 4400c25, the sticker on the heat spreader confirms it.

I think what "worm" might be saying is that the ram had TCC5 chips instead of TCCD, the much sought for cousin. I am sure that both 4400C25 versions, if that's true, having both TCCD and TCC5 will run at their rated speed.

The rumor that that the TCCD may be able to OC at higher clock than the TCC5 an TCCC is floating around and even supported by a number of users who have all these versions.

So, I am also one hunting for a pair of TCCD + BP PCB.

ARGHHHH...I got confused. I meant worm, not wired.

Regarding to this user's experience, can you please clarify what the change might have been on the 4400C25 production line, and can you please comfirm that all CORSAIR 4400C25 sticks available in anywhere in the world (especially Australia) have TCCD chips on BP PCB (although I am sure that the latter should be true).

I apologise for I have asked this repetitively but that is because it's a huge amount of money and there is no X-day satisfaction guarantee existing at any PC shops in this country .

Hope you guys understand. :):

• Corsair Employees
As I said before all XMS4400C25 and XMS3200XL modules use Samsung TCCD IC's. Corsair uses TCC5 RAMs only on other speed grades, such as the XMS3200C2 and XMS4000. Note that Samsung did not stop producing TCCD IC's, they just stopped shipping them to non direct suppliers. Or in other words we still get a large quantity every month and will do so for some time to come.

Archived