Corsair Community

Slipstream devices not working on boot - replugging dongle necessary

• Corsair Employee

@Corsair Blade @Corsair Notepad

Could you please forward this to the firmware development guys? 

I think enough evidence has been brought up, that this is an error in your software.

Thanks and please keep us in the loop!

I'm converting this to a ticket to see if we can get some kind of resolution for you, or at least document your system config for a bug report. Check your email for a message from support soon!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I have exact the same problem on a Gigabyte gaming laptop (G5).
After the reboot I have to plug the Slipstream dongle out and back in for my Dark Core RGB Pro to work.
I think the problem only exists after the FW update.

Is there a way to use older firmwares for the Dark Core Pro / Slipstream dongle? Would love to test that.
Is there the old firmware that was included in the delivery?

The mouse works absolutely fine on my desktop.
I think the problem must be somewhere in the power management on Laptops
(The tips offered did not help!).
I had the same problem with a Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless.

Sry for the english

Edited by Zeq

• Corsair Employee
On 6/22/2022 at 4:53 AM, Pesendorfer said:

I have the same problem with the K57 and Harpoon kit. I think it's a bios setting problem. I'll try to change the settings tonight and let you know if it works

let us know what OS you are on as well

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: There is a new firmware version (5.6.126) for the dongle, which was made available a couple of days ago. With that version the problem no longer persists for me!
So, after all, it seems to be an issue with the firmware as suspected by many here. Is it better for anybody else with that version?

• 8 months later...

Hi im having an issue where my virtuoso wireless reciever shows to have no firmware, there also isnt an option to update the firmware only to check for update. The usb is also flashing red and shows to have a red warning sign in ICUE, 

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

ICUE.PNG

• 2 months later...

I am having a similar issue with my Slipstream Dongle. I have a Corsair M65 Wireless mouse and the dongle has stopped being recognised on my Windows Desktop. When I plug the Dongle into my MacBook Pro through my Satechi USB-C Dock it works though which is very strange. I can't get it to show up at all on my Windows PC but it works fine on my MacBook. I have already been through the troubleshooting with the USB settings to ensure that they aren't powering down to save power and I have also tried uninstalling the USB drivers and then restarting the computer to reinstall the drivers and that didn't work either. All of my other USB devices are working but the dongle isn't recognised no matter which USB port I plug it into on my Windows PC. If I plug it into my Mac and open iCue I can see that it is running V5.6.126. I considered forcing a reinstall of the firmware but it warned me that I should not do this while plugged into a hub and since I am using a hub/dock/dongle thing I have opted not to try this. It's weird because I have been having a lot of issues with my M65 mouse on windows but yet it all works as expected when plugged into my Mac so I wonder if it's actually windows and/or iCue for windows that is causing the issues rather than the hardware itself? Has anyone found a solution to this? Corsair have already agreed to replace the mouse so if I can't find a solution in the next couple of days then I will post the mouse away for replacement. 

Update: I decided to try plugging the Slipstream dongle into my Windows PC using my USB-C dongle and strangely it works! The dongle is working, my mouse is connected, it shows up in iCue and it all seems to be running as it should be. BUT when I plug the dongle into ANY of the normal USB ports on my desktop it doesn't work. Why is this? It used to work fine plugged into my PC but in the last month or so it stopped working and apparently it loves being plugged into my USB-C hub/dongle thing. Very strange.... Any ideas?

Update again: I tried plugging it into my normal USB ports and it still didn't work but then I tried again a couple of minutes later and it worked! What the heck. I have honestly tried plugging it into my PC in every port about 10 times and it hasn't worked and now all of a sudden it is working again? Strange. I guess I'll see if it continues to work or if I have to come back here with another update.