Corsair Community

H150i Elite LCD, Commander Pro XT and 12 ML120 Pro Fans. Cant get LCD to work all at once?

Hello Everyone. So this is my 2nd build, 1st using a lot of Corsair stuff. Went with a 5000D airflow, H150i Elite LCD and (12) ML120 Pro case fans. I’m using a Commander Pro XT to control the (6) front intakes and the Commander Core that came with the H150i is controlling the (3) AIO fans and the (1) rear exhaust fan. It seems like with whatever combination I use of going directly into the (2) usb headers on my MB that I can either get…

Scenario 1:

Commander Pro XT , Corsair Ram, H150i Pump (No LCD control but can control RGB for it and just the stock temp appears on the screen.

Scenario 2:

Corsair Ram, H150i Pump with Full LCD control. ( No Commander Pro XT appears) 

So I’m not sure if this is because when using the splitter ( Pump and Commander Core ) it recognizes everything but you can’t control the LCD. But if I plug the Pump directly into one header and use the splitter for the Commander XT and the Commander Core, it won’t recognize the Commander XT, just the pump. (As a side note the Commander XT cable has a break off to plug in another usb connection that I tried as well but plugging into that didn’t work either).

It seems like something like the NZXT internal usb hub can fix this but I want to make sure I’m not missing anything else. 

Thanks!

Edited by ImJustGreene

1 hour ago, ImJustGreene said:

It seems like something like the NZXT internal usb hub can fix this but I want to make sure I’m not missing anything else. 

This is likely what you need.  We are starting to see a few isolated reports from users about trouble when using 3 or more Commander Core/XT controllers.  They seems to use more USB channel bandwidth than others and one gets dropped on detection.  You only have 2, but then you also have the very finicky LCD top which seems like it's own space as well.  I think you need the powered hub and then will have to see which combination works.  Based on what others have reported, my guess is that will be LCD Top directly to MB, then the two Commander Core/XT share the powered hub, but I think the powered hub will clean up whatever two devices wind up there.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, c-attack said:

This is likely what you need.  We are starting to see a few isolated reports from users about trouble when using 3 or more Commander Core/XT controllers.  They seems to use more USB channel bandwidth than others and one gets dropped on detection.  You only have 2, but then you also have the very finicky LCD top which seems like it's own space as well.  I think you need the powered hub and then will have to see which combination works.  Based on what others have reported, my guess is that will be LCD Top directly to MB, then the two Commander Core/XT share the powered hub, but I think the powered hub will clean up whatever two devices wind up there.  

So it looks like I’m still having issues. I’ve installed the hub but with both the XT and the Core plugged into it, it only reads 1 of them. In device manager it can see the hub and says “Device cannot start, insufficient system resources exist to complete the API”. I don’t know if the hub needs its own Sata power cable dedicated or if using one of the beak offs off one that is already there makes a difference.

1 hour ago, ImJustGreene said:

So it looks like I’m still having issues. I’ve installed the hub but with both the XT and the Core plugged into it, it only reads 1 of them. In device manager it can see the hub and says “Device cannot start, insufficient system resources exist to complete the API”. I don’t know if the hub needs its own Sata power cable dedicated or if using one of the beak offs off one that is already there makes a difference.

Slight Update: so the best scenario I can get is still everything appearing but can’t customize the LCD. It seems like it is using to many resources for the Mobo to handle but I’m not sure.

18 hours ago, ImJustGreene said:

I don’t know if the hub needs its own Sata power cable dedicated or if using one of the beak offs off one that is already there makes a difference

Not power limited (SATA) but USB bandwidth or device number limited.  Did you try Com Core + LCD on the hub (individually) and the XT direct to motherboard USB?   However, the USB hub does need to be powered via SATA/molex otherwise it's just a glorified splitter.  When its powered limited the devices drop in and out.  This is more like what users report when there are too many devices on one USB port.