Corsair Community

Asus P5AD2-E Premium XMS2 PC5400.. strange result..

Guest LukeNet

Guest LukeNet

Hi all,

first of all, sorry for my english, I'm italian...

anyway, I've a "problem", or maybe it is not a problem:

motherboard in the subject (with last updated bios), Intel P4 3,2 ghz (640), overclocked to 4 Ghz (fsb 250 mhz), 2 ddr2 1gb corsair xms2 pc5400 (configured in dual channel mode). system very stable, tested with games & many hours of divx encoding, also with programs strees test.

I ran cpuz, and sandra (last free version available), and both of them show me that on 1st dimm socket there's a pc5400 mem., but on the 2nd there's a pc4300.

So, is it a software bug??..... or is due to overclock..... or is it normal??

If you want some other useful informations, just ask.

Thanx in advance.

• Corsair Employees
Please test the modules one at a time and see that they are both showing the same SPD. If not then, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Guest LukeNet
Please test the modules one at a time and see that they are both showing the same SPD. If not then, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thank you RAM Guy for your fast reply, anyway, i've tested both dimm separately on the 1st dimm slot on the motherboard, cpuz showed me that one dimm is pc5400 and the other is recognize as a pc4300, but both of them work stable separately or together with cpu FSB at 250 Mhz and memory at 666 Mhz.

I don't know.... could be a wrong string programmed inside of the dimm?....

Guest LukeNet
Most likely the SPD is miss-programmed and we will be happy to replace the set.

SPD miss-programmed.. ok, but it works ok..... anyway... i bought it about 2 month ago here in Italy.... I will try to contact my reseller and see if it could do a fast replace.... or I will follow your instruction to make a RMA directly with Corsair..... hope that shipment cost will be not expensive from Italy to U.S.

anyway, thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LukeNet
Well... i tested also with the software "everest"... it shows me the results that you see in the image, could you give me some more details about it.... thanks a lot.

everest-results.gif.b56add9137a976a829fbdd3b961d05f6.gif

Archived