Corsair Community

No more Hardware Updates?

aliex

I'll admit I'm a Corsair fanboy and now have quite a collection of hardware.
What has struck me for months is that there are apparently no more firmware updates for my hardware.
Is nothing further developed or is this a bug?
I have the following current status:

iCUE 4.19.191

Vengeance Pro 1.03.66

Dark Core Pro SE 5.0.41

HS80 Wireless Receiver 5.5.102

ST100RGB 0.04.106

Commander Pro 0.9.212

H150i PRO 1.0.4

LT100 1.1.38

K70 RGB MK.2 3.24

Firmware updates typically address some type of hardware level problem and how it interacts with other hardware. These things typically only come with some type of generational change (motherboard communication, USB, etc). Most devices have limited “hardware mode” operation by design and that’s not something that is added to over time. That is addressed via improvements or features in the software.  

Are you having a specific issue with any of those?

15 hours ago, c-attack said:

Firmware updates typically address some type of hardware level problem and how it interacts with other hardware. These things typically only come with some type of generational change (motherboard communication, USB, etc). Most devices have limited “hardware mode” operation by design and that’s not something that is added to over time. That is addressed via improvements or features in the software.  

Are you having a specific issue with any of those?

No specific issues. I was just wondering because of the complex firmware version numbers. 

The firmware is basically like the bios in your pc, if there is nothing to improve it runs stable. The version number doesn't really matter

It can be hard to read the numbers and they may or may not represent internal versions before release as well.  I think the Commander Pro was on 0.7xx when it released 5 years ago.  There have only been two since.  AIOs only get a firmware update if there is a serious problem or to change baseline behavior when the software is not running.  The external peripherals seem to be slightly more frequent recipients, but that is still only a few over the lifetime of a product.  So your Dark Core and HS80 may see more frequent updates as wireless technology is refined, but I doubt you'll ever see one for the hardware limited ST100 that is mostly a nightlight without the software.