Corsair Community

3 out of 4 vengeance rgb SL are identified as Vengeance RT

Ive checked all 4 sticks two at a time, and one at a time. They all work as they are supposed too. Exept that icue recognize them as RT sticks instead of SL. Its either a problem with icue, or the actual sticks are vengeance RT but somehow got the shield and labels and packed as SL sticks? They where bought in 2x8gb kits so its weird that it’s 3 sticks. 

Can you list the part number(s) for the RAM?  Then use another program that can read the SPD info from the module and shows the part number. CPU-Z, Taiphoon burner, AIDA, and some other programs provide this on a per module basis. See if they match, but I am expecting this to be a CUE glitch and not an exotic production error. 

3 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Can you list the part number(s) for the RAM?  Then use another program that can read the SPD info from the module and shows the part number. CPU-Z, Taiphoon burner, AIDA, and some other programs provide this on a per module basis. See if they match, but I am expecting this to be a CUE glitch and not an exotic production error. 

Part number as in CMH16GX4M2E3200C16? All 4 ram sticks have this number, cpuz all 4 are the same aswell🧐

Ok, I seem to remember this coming up once last month on a different kit, but that appears to be some type of CUE error. They’ll need to address that. 

Both are 10 LED modules. Are you able to control lighting effects normally?

1 minute ago, c-attack said:

Ok, I seem to remember this coming up once last month on a different kit, but that appears to be some type of CUE error. They’ll need to address that. 

Both are 10 LED modules. Are you able to control lighting effects normally?

Yes, i can do everything as im supposed to, only that lightning profiles i download glitch but i can manually do different effects, but its quite a hassle as i have to do it for both the “RT” sticks and the actual SL one. And they dont want to sync with timing as i cant start them the same timw if you know what i mean 🙂

What i find weird is that its the same 3 sticks that report back as RT, and doesnt matter what ram slot i put it in

What motherboard do you have?  There is a GA board that has a similar 3 module issue?