Corsair Community

H150i Elite LCD - Red Triangle on Boot

Hi all,

After the latest iCUE update (4.19.191), I've had an issue with the LCD screen.  Normally, I have it playing a gif, but on boot, I've been getting the Red Warning Triangle icon.  After my PC boots completely, I have to quit iCUE from the windows taskbar and then restart it for my gif to load and start playing, and then I won't have any issues until the next time I boot my PC.

Anyone else have this issue or know how I can resolve it?  Is it something in my BIOS maybe?  My mobo is the ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi II.  I don't have any of the ASUS plugins installed on iCUE, and all of my devices are up to date.

icue.png

2 things.

Armoury Crate software, make sure the power to the board is turned off on shut down.

Shut down, turn the power supply off and unplug for a few minutes, then boot up and see if it works.

Otherwise, try reinstalling the previous iCUE software.

They are aware this is happening but no fix yet.

Edited by Merlin_AZ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys i Got the same problem today too i got the cooler from almost one week and everything was okay until today i start to get the red warning triangle while booting for some seconds , i got pump failure warning too for 3 minutes tried to change the usb to another slot on the motherboard it worked but the triangle at the boot still showing any suggestions ? anything new happen to you guys ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have this red triangle on boot (not about the software or the os) technically in hardware mode my screen have to show a logo until windows load, but nothing, it will remain a red triangle.

The only solution that i got is to turn off the computer, turn off the switch in the power supply, press the power button for few seconds, turn on the ac and power the computer again.

It will works for few days perfectly, then again red triangle.

• 1 month later...

Hello Corsair,

The same is happening to me.  Started today with the LCD screen not being recognized and displaying a red triangle with "!" inside it.  System, h100i elite LCD cooler was fine (since install) prior with no hardware changes recently.  

Can you, or anyone, help with this issue?

-CG

Yeah I've had the red triangle problem on this thing on and off since the day I installed it pretty much.  The firmware update for it that I installed today has now made it permanent.  According to iCue, the firmware was updated succressfully.  MIght have to RMA this thing.

The Red Triangle of Death is happening to a LOT of people. Corsair is madly trying to get their products to actually work.

Edited by SpeedyV

• Corsair Employees
4 hours ago, Parmenedes said:

Yeah I've had the red triangle problem on this thing on and off since the day I installed it pretty much.  The firmware update for it that I installed today has now made it permanent.  According to iCue, the firmware was updated succressfully.  MIght have to RMA this thing.

Just to confirm, did you update the firmware using the file from the thread below?:

With everything updated, you should have the following show up as the current firmware versions:

CUE 4.23.137

Elite LCD 1.1.7.7

Commander Core 2.10.219

Let me ask a question before I go through the trouble of pulling my system apart to check this plug.  Mine shows the splash screen at boot up and then goes to the Red Triangle.  That to me would indicate that the connection is fine.

Red Triangle happened after updating Firmware to the current update. Was wondering how to fix it, Tried uninstalling the module and pluging the module back in and reinstalling the corsair icue4 program. Alas No fix.   

Hi All,

I fixed this problem like doing this:

1. Uninstall the ICUE software.
2. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command. Type %appdata%, then click OK. ( delete all Corsair files etc.)
3. Re-open the Run command and type %localappdata%. Delete any Corsair folders that appear. ( delete all Corsair files etc.)
4. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\for iCUE 4. ( delete all Corsair files etc.)
5. Press Windows button + r, type Regedit and enter.
6. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the entire Corsair folder. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the entire Corsair folder.
7. When u did all those things don't restart ur pc! Just Shut down ur pc first!
8. When your pc is off, disconnect your power supply from power and press the on/off button to off. Just wait a 1 min.
9. Turn your power back on and start your pc. Go to www.corsair.com and install the newest ICUE software again.