Corsair Community

RMA Request for 2x5123200XL

Model Information

P4 2.8c

Abit IC7-MAX3

WD 36GB Raptor 10k RPM HD

eVGA 6800Ultra

Last night I went to sleep with my computer on and World of Warcraft running. I woke up and found it off. Upon reset the computer wouldn't boot past windows. So I began to run memtest86 and here's the conclusion.

The two parts in question in which I both ran memtest86 at the parts stock settings of 2-2-2-5 had both individualy failed memtest86. One started at test 3 and the other at test 5. I had installed a valueselect stick of PC3200 1x512 and my computer is running perfect. No doubt the the two sticks in question are deffective and need RMA.

Model Information

2x CMX-3200XLPT XMS3208V1.2 0502101-3

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts after you load setup defaults and just set the CPU Freq to 200 MHz and test the modules one at a time. But getting errors with both modules like that would suggest some other problem. In addition, this MB as I remember had an issue with the memory Voltage that was corrected by removing a resistor, you might check with ABIT to make sure that your MB is not affected as the issue was setting the dim voltage to anything over 2.8 Volts would make the system unstable. And the minimum suggested voltage for these modules would 2.75 Volts. If you can test the modules in another system, that might help to isolate the memory from your system to be sure. And please do not set any of the performance options in the bios as well.

I also have an OCZ Booster in my system. The ram is kept at a constant rate of 2.7v in my MoboMonitor. And yes as I said the CPU was set to stock rates in the BIOS as with all the other components.

As for testing it on other computer me and my friend decided to lan today so before hand I had tested it on his computer. AMD XP2500+ and the Memtest86 of course turned up more errors.

Archived