Corsair Community

Connect more disks to PSU

QWeelon

I have a modular Corsair Rx750X V2 750W to which I want to connect more disks. I currently have 8 disk and want to expand to 12 and possible even 16, My stock SATA cables are used up and i either need to use molex with a sata/molex or buy new sata/PSU cables.

How many disks are possible to connect to a single PSU output socket? Would it be possible to connect 8 disk to a single PSU output using my Molex cable with four connectors and splice each with one of these? In other words, can the PSU power 8 disk through single output?

What cables would you recommened being compatible with my Corsair PSU. I would preferably have cable that is longer than the stock cable as my additional disks are quite far from the PSU.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

i'd go by the same amount of devices that a sata powercable can support, which is 4 or 5 not sure , just look at your sata powercables and how many devices they can serve. I would not connect more devices to an output then that.

i don't know what RX PSUS are but if it's a RM750x, it uses type 3 or 4 SATA cables 🙂

you could use some of these for example

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Ribbon-Style-SATA-Cable-with-4-Connectors%2C-Type-3-(850mm)/p/CP-8920113

As @frizur said, i wouldn't use SATA doublers. you risk to possibly overload connectors, and worst of all... they look like crap 😛 come on.. ketchup and mustard, no PC deserves that 😛