Corsair Community

iCue doesn't detect my edits, fans speed too high

Juniperus

Hello everyone!

At this point I'm kinda desperate, I don't know what's happening with my h100i Platinum cooler. Fans speed is too high, I've tried different methods but nothing happened.

Firmware is updated (I also forced one few days ago), I've tried fixed RPM and custom profile, still nothing happened. When I open a game (it can be a potato game or a HQ game, it doesn't matter) my computer starts to fly. I cleaned the PC 3 days ago, removing all the dust from the fans as well and changed the thermal paste. I don't know what to do more. 

This is the situation right now with only Chrome. The temperature starts going high and low without reasons, same with the cooler's fans. While I'm writing the temperature is changing, but I didn't open anything. When I tried the fixed RPM I set it to 800 but it was ignored. Can't change the sensor from the drop down menu as I only have temperature. My PC layout didn't change

Moreover, I've noticed that the RGBs from the pump from time to time start flickering, don't know if it's related but I have this CPU for only 2 yrs now, didn't have issues before, now I don't know 😞 

Want to mention that I didn't change the PC setup in the meantime, when I added Corsair cooler to the PC, the PC was the same (4 fans + 2 from the cooler, the room temperature is always low, this problem occurs for only a few weeks).

Thanks in advance for the help 🙂 

Immagine2.png

Immagine.png

In your screenshot you have not applied the new custom curve to the fans.  Go up to the three horizontal bars after the RPM and it should provide a drop down menu of fan curves.  Choose "Personalizzato 1" for both fans 1 and 2.  The pump must run on one of the three fixed speed presets and those have a different meaning for the pump vs the fans. 

The three presets all have 100% fan speeds near the 40C liquid temp reading.  On the Platinum H100i that is 2400 rpm and most certainly loud.  A preset is just a best guess for most people, but everyone has a unique environment so it's not really possible to get it right for everyone.  Someone in 29C room is going to have a minimum liquid temp at idle of around 35C.  It doesn't take much GPU heat to move that up past 40C.  Most people need their own custom curve.  Your curve looks fine to me, but if you ever see 60C as your liquid temp... something is wrong and you need to proceed like there is a problem with the cooler.  Anything above 50C will create usage problems as that makes 50C the minimum possible CPU temp with 0 volts.  

You are a TRULY life saver! So I just highlighted the 2 fans and press the "add to panel" option, and it's working now (300RPM, 32 degrees), the thing that I don't get is how it was working at the beginning and only few weeks ago it started having issues, since I didn't touch anything on my iCue, that's super weird. 

Except that, now my fans speed is correct and my PC is not flying anymore 😄 

About the RGBs on the pump, do you have any clue? I've read on Reddit and on this forum that it might be related to a Windows 10 update, but it's weird. Because sometimes the lights work perfectly other times they start flickering 😕 

3 hours ago, Juniperus said:

Moreover, I've noticed that the RGBs from the pump from time to time start flickering, don't know if it's related but I have this CPU for only 2 yrs now, didn't have issues before, now I don't know 😞 

I missed that in the original post.  The Platinum turned out to be a bit temperamental.  It has both an internal fan and RGB controller and I think that was a lot to pack in there.  On the subsequent model (Elite), they have split that off into an external controller and now 1 year later I think that helps.  However, as to the present circumstances...

1) Are you on a Intel or AMD motherboard?  The AMD x570 (or x470 with BIOS update) and B550 or newer boards have a hard time with maintaining a solid USB 2 connection.  Devices that have more traffic (Platinum AIO and Commander Pro) seem to be more affected than other types of devices like a Lighting Node Pro/Core.  This is rarely an issue on Intel boards.  

2) Is it just the pump LEDs?  Or fans too?  If just the pump, It's possible it's the LEDs in the pump and if so there is nothing you can do.  You can try to force update the firmware (check for update -> (none) -> Force Update.  This will cause the pump and fans to max out while it reboots the cooler.  This is a common reset for a stuck fan controller, but flickering can have a lot of sources and so no guarantees.  

3) Full Clean Install of CUE.  Last option, but this can clean up strange issues.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

One way to try and differentiate #2 (hardware problem) and #3 (software problem) is to close CUE when on the desktop.  Everything should drop into the saved hardware lighting mode.  If you see flickering then, it's probably a hardware problem (failing LED, power path, etc) and not a CUE issue.

Hi again! 

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

1) Are you on a Intel or AMD motherboard?  The AMD x570 (or x470 with BIOS update) and B550 or newer boards have a hard time with maintaining a solid USB 2 connection.  Devices that have more traffic (Platinum AIO and Commander Pro) seem to be more affected than other types of devices like a Lighting Node Pro/Core.  This is rarely an issue on Intel boards.  

It's an Intel MOBO, I have an i7 7700k with an Asus z720f (yes I'm broke can't change the rig yet :'D).

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

2) Is it just the pump LEDs?  Or fans too? 

Just the pump, fans leds are working fine 😞 

Thanks a lot for the quick replies, I'm gonna try to use your suggestions, hopefully I can fix also this issue 😄