Corsair Community

Recommended DDR5 ram kit for ASUS Z690 Maximus Apex.

RobCom

Hello all, I have been looking for a few weeks now for ANY DDR5 Corsair kit on the recommended list for my new motherboard, I can't find ANYTHING anywhere.

I'm wondering if anyone might have the ASUS Maximus Z690 Apex board and is successfully using a Corsair kit that is NOT on the recommended list, and if so could you post up the kit specs?

I'd like 32gb total (2x16) and 5800, 5600 or 4800.

I know this might be a shot in the dark, but I would like to build this new system before summer if possible.

thanks for any suggestions.

I have an ASUS Maximus Z690 Formula and I use the 5200 variant (CL40). It is not on the recommended list for the motherboard but it works at 5200 (XMP profile activated) if I use 2 DIMMs. 

If it helps Rob, I'm running 32GB of Dominator 5600C36 on my Z690 Hero. Have barely scratched the surface tuning-wise so far but it went straight up to 6000 on stock voltage on the standard XMP timings (36/36/36/76/112) with total stability. It won't go to 6200 stably on the same settings - but will see if it will with a bit of tweaking. Good sticks.

That does help! 

I guess that a lot of this ram is just newer than the QVL list, it's just hard to make a decision. I went ahead and got a 4800 kit (CL40), it was at a decent price, so I want to start there.  I can always upgrade when the price of DDR5 drops a bit and the stock replenishes.

I've always had good results and luck with Corsair, I hope it continues.

thanks for the suggestions.