Corsair Community

SP120 ELITE Performance Fan iCUE RGB not working

I recently bought a single SP120 Elite Performance fan with a Corsair RGB fan LED hub, which is connected to my Lighting Node Pro. Both the lighting node pro and RGB fan hub are connected to SATA power. The fan spinning works fine but it doesn't show up in iCUE and any effects I try to apply don't do anything. Only 2 LEDs are lighting up and they are showing static blue and green which can't be edited in iCUE. This is shown in the attached image. Help would be useful.

fan.jpg

Make sure you go into "Lighting Setup" for the Lighting Node Pro and configure the RGB channel.  Most Corsair controllers require you to tell the software what is connected.  The SP-Elite is an "8 LED series fan" x 1.  Once that is done, the proper UI will present itself in the Lighting Effects tab and you can add effects.  

@c-attack I've already tried using both the 8 LED series fan option and the SP series fan and any effects I try to add do nothing, it just keeps showing blue and green.

2 hours ago, FearingGarlic48 said:

The fan spinning works fine but it doesn't show up in iCUE and any effects I try to apply don't do anything.

Can you clarify what does not show in CUE?  You lighting effect tabs should show a single 8 LED fan when configured for "8 LED series fan x 1".  The SP-RGB choice is for another fan type and will always produce skewed results like in your picture.  

Do you have any other RGB software running?  Amory Crate for the MB?  Something else for the GPU?  Go to CUE settings and uncheck the "enable plugins" switch.  You may need to force quit CUE and/or restart the PC after that.  

18 hours ago, c-attack said:

Can you clarify what does not show in CUE?  You lighting effect tabs should show a single 8 LED fan when configured for "8 LED series fan x 1".  The SP-RGB choice is for another fan type and will always produce skewed results like in your picture.  

Do you have any other RGB software running?  Amory Crate for the MB?  Something else for the GPU?  Go to CUE settings and uncheck the "enable plugins" switch.  You may need to force quit CUE and/or restart the PC after that.  

I’ve tried everything you said and still nothing has changed. I have noticed that the blue and green lighting starts as soon as I turn on the pc, so I don’t think it’s being effected by any software

It’s possible it’s a bad fan, but it’s more than a little strange for it to split into two perfect halves with two primary colors. That is not typically what we see with a bad fan — either off or rapid random intermittent colors.