Corsair Community

CA-9011202-NA won't turn on

Purchased a Corsair VOID RGB Elite Wireless Premium Gaming Headset with 7.1 Surround Sound [ CA-9011202-NA ] on January 8, 2022. It will not charge. It will not power on.

It last worked approximately 10pm on 01/15/22. The air temperature never fell below 66 degrees Fahrenheit. It has not been exposed to water or any other liquids.

I've confirmed the USB cable works. I've confirmed the PC's USB port works. I've tapped the power button. I've held down the power button for 3 seconds. 10 seconds. All yield no results. The lights on the ears do not illuminate when connected to a PC's working USB port, the mute light on the mic does not illuminate.

Rather not send it back and wait for a new one if anyone has any ideas on what I might be overlooking in terms of troubleshooting. 

• Corsair Employees

Hi Liddy Ru,

If you run into a situation where your Void headset seems to become inoperable after plugging it in to charge, your headset might actually be in bootloader mode.

When plugging in your Void, holding down any button will cause the headset to go into bootloader mode. To avoid this, refrain from pressing any button when plugging in your headset for charging.

If you accidentally put your Void into bootloader mode, follow the steps below to exit bootloader mode.

For a wired Void:

Open iCUE.
Hold down the Mute button on your headset while plugging your headset into your computer.
Make sure that the headset lights up; if it does not, repeat step 2 until it does.
Click SETTINGS in iCUE.
Select your headset.
Click Update to download the latest firmware.

For a wireless Void:

Open iCUE.
Hold down the Mute button on your headset while plugging the wireless dongle into your computer.
Make sure that the headset lights up; if it does not, repeat step 2 until it does.
Click SETTINGS in iCUE.
Select your headset.
Click Update to download the latest firmware.
If your headset is unpaired at this point, pair the headset.