Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum DDR5 RGB "Lighting Enhancement" kits?

Zone55555

Remember those fake RAM sticks Corsair released for the Vengeance Pro RGB line, so that 2 sticks of real RAM could look like 4 sticks of RGB goodness?

Given the worldwide scarcity of DDR5 and not to mention the performance hit of mixing 2-stick kits or even running 4 sticks at all with OC RAM, it would be awfully nice to see this option revisited for the Dominator Platinum DDR5 world, help us flesh out these RGB on our brand new Z690 motherboards.

• Like 1

I like this idea and agree!

i wonder if it's a good idea to add sticks, cutting off most airflow to the ram, and adding more heat with LEDs on DDR5... you get all the inconvenients of running 4 sticks (more heat) without the advantages (more ram)

On Vengeance it was already increasing the temps significantly ^^' but oh well... when was RGB about being practical

If it's a good idea for Intel to design the memory controller for 4 DIMMs, and for motherboard creators to put 4 slots on their products, it's a good idea to fill them.  😉

But seriously, I have enough airflow and so should everyone else who's paying attention in a build.

Heat is no problem for this, it isn't a CPU or GPU.

DDR5 can run pretty hot on 2 dimms already. it wasn't really a concern with DDR4