Corsair Community

Need help. Lost the fan splitter cable of the H100i

Hi all, I need help. I just bought a Corsair Hydro H100i used and the cooler came with every piece except the splitter cable that is used to connect the radiator fans to the cpu block. The previous owner lost it. I tried to find this cable via ebay or aliexpress, but to be honest I don't even know what name to search exactly. So, if someone knows what to search and where to find them, I would appreciate the help.

In the meanwhile, I know that the fans can be connected to the motherboard's fan headers, but I need helps also for this. I would love to have the system to control their speed automatically, based on the temperature of the cpu.

The motherboard is a MSI X99S SLI Plus. This comes with a software called MSI Command Center that allows to make a cpu fan curve that does what I said. But if I have to connect to the cpu fan header of the motherboard the connector that is attached to the cpu block (I mean the sata power cable with attached the fan pin) and I can't connect the fans cables to the cpu block, then how can I connect them to obtain what I'm looking for?

Here's the manual of the motherboard, if someone want's to help and needs to see it:

https://it.msi.com/Motherboard/X99S-SLI-PLUS/support#down-manual

It has cpu fan 1, cpu fan 2 and three more system fan headers.

I have also a fan controller in a front slot of the case, to which I've attached the front and side case fans; the rear fan I prefer to be controlled by the mobo.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Edited by gianluca p

Maybe I can attach the fans to the cpu fan 2 header using a 4-pin pwm splitter cable. Can it work? Will the bios and the MSI Command Center software see them like cpu fans and use the cpu temperature value to regulate their speed?

Is this an actual “H100i” (2013)?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series™-H100i-Extreme-Performance-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060009-WW

If so, you may have a hard time finding the splitter. That one was unique to that series and is long out of production. Any PWM splitter can work with the fans and no splitter is required if you have MB headers available. The “3 pin” is just a tachometer wire and not strictly required, although it will show you pump RPM. The two fans can go anywhere. CPU temp is not a great control variable but that’s all you have. Most boards have very responsive curves on CPU fan, something you don’t need. A chassis fan header set to cpu temp is just fine and hopefully your bios or CC has some fan delays to keep they from being over-reactive. A 8-12 second delay is fine. 

On 1/14/2022 at 10:49 PM, c-attack said:

Is this an actual “H100i” (2013)?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series™-H100i-Extreme-Performance-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060009-WW

If so, you may have a hard time finding the splitter. That one was unique to that series and is long out of production. Any PWM splitter can work with the fans and no splitter is required if you have MB headers available. The “3 pin” is just a tachometer wire and not strictly required, although it will show you pump RPM. The two fans can go anywhere. CPU temp is not a great control variable but that’s all you have. Most boards have very responsive curves on CPU fan, something you don’t need. A chassis fan header set to cpu temp is just fine and hopefully your bios or CC has some fan delays to keep they from being over-reactive. A 8-12 second delay is fine. 

Yes, that's the toy. Thanks for the answer. Cheers.