Corsair Community

bad cmx512-3200c2 twinx module

I've bought two of these modules on 16-3-2004 to put them on a ASUS P4C800-e dlx. I've had random crasches sometimes i had to turn off the pc or the pc did not start up at all. (and then it starts after 20 attemps).

Last week the PC didint start up at all so I had test everything inside. After testing the power with a new one same problem. Finally I took one of the RAM modules. It didnt start up either. Then I replace one module with the other and..

It works !! The pc starts up and runs like horse.

I use the pc with cubase and a firewire mixer etc. which is vary demanding. I couldn't trust the pc the last 6 months because of the random crasches wich apears more regular everytime. They are now vanished so i have a good reason to believe it is the module that's the problem.

I've bought the modules at ANR computers in Holland more then a year ago and altough i sent a mail to them i did not get an answer. Therefore I think I have to contact corsair directly

I dont understand very well what to do now. I understand that I have to explain the problem here first and your answer will be sent accompanied by a 'ticket#/postID#. This number i use on the RMS request form right?

RAM module: one of two TWINX Corsair CMX512-3200c2

warrenty sticker number 094181

system ASUS P4C800-E dlx, Matrox P650, LG dvd recorder, 2 diamond maxtor plus 9 SATA and UATA 80GB en Western digital raptor 36GB 10k. Zalman ZM2HC1 400 w windows XP pro

greetings

Marco de Brabander

Holland

• Corsair Employees

Moving this thread to Warranty Questions!

I think I have already answered you but try your reseller first and if they will not or cannot help you then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived