Corsair Community

K100 audio mute indicator light.

Hey , i have noticed that when unmuting the sound with the button that the indicator light stays lit for a few seconds and only then starts to fade out slowly.

I wonder if this is normal behavior.  All the other indicator lights go on/off instantly.

Edited by frizur
addition
  • Like 1

No it is not, I was about to post a topic about this myself.

I got my K100 a week ago and was quite confused about the indicator light.

iCue 4.19.191: when the keyboards lighting isn't changed the indicator behaves exactly like you describe it. After unmuting the light very slowly fades. With changed lighting (in my case "Static Red") the indicator actually gets stuck when activated once. You can still mute/unmute sound but the indicator will always stay on.

iCue 4.15.153: the mute indicator actually works as itended, instantly switches on/off when the button is pressed (and lighting of the keyboard doesn't change the correct behavior).

As it stands iCue 4.19.191 is to blame and it hopefully gets fixed in the next update.

Edited by Lazare
  • Like 1

I have more to add, when the brightness of the lighting is turned all the way down (off) , then the mute button also dims instantly. Bring up the brightness and the problem returns.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:26 AM, frizur said:

I have more to add, when the brightness of the lighting is turned all the way down (off) , then the mute button also dims instantly. Bring up the brightness and the problem returns.

I have the exact same problem since two days now i think. I hope this will be fixed soon in the next patch of iCue. 

The issue I'm having is that it stays on permanently even after unmuting the audio, the only thing that's worked for me is factory resetting my keyboard, but even then if I press the mute button the light will get stuck again

mine started doing this as well recently.. maybe its trying to read an audio device that is not there. not sure, very disappointed with this keyboard and software. its always something..

The problem with the mute button should be fixed with the next icue4 update

so i have this same issue with a k100 rgb i bought a few days ago thought i might need to RMA it anyway i figured out that the mute icon only fades away if you have different rgb lights going passed it, for example the default corsair watercolour light preset, however if you leave your keyboard rgb on a static light like static red it will stay on permanently, for me i like to leave it on static red and add a type lighting blue ripple so when i do use the mute button and unmute the light stays on for a while but as more of my blue light ripple goes passed it it just fades away. very bizzare bug but really needs to be fixed.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:31 PM, Lazare said:

No it is not, I was about to post a topic about this myself.

I got my K100 a week ago and was quite confused about the indicator light.

iCue 4.19.191: when the keyboards lighting isn't changed the indicator behaves exactly like you describe it. After unmuting the light very slowly fades. With changed lighting (in my case "Static Red") the indicator actually gets stuck when activated once. You can still mute/unmute sound but the indicator will always stay on.

iCue 4.15.153: the mute indicator actually works as itended, instantly switches on/off when the button is pressed (and lighting of the keyboard doesn't change the correct behavior).

As it stands iCue 4.19.191 is to blame and it hopefully gets fixed in the next update.

can also confirm this is true, just clean installed icue version 4.15.153 and tested it and the audio mute icon functions as intended definitely confirming this is something to do with the new icue update.

Same issue here with the mute light being stuck on constantly. I've had my K100 for several months now without any issues, and the problem only started recently. Going to guess it's a bug in iCue.

Just got the K100 today. I have the same issue with the mute indicator staying on.

Nice start huh. Over $200 keyboard should have no issues beyond preferences.

Came from a High end Logitech keyboard which was nice. Was just getting a bit old. Thought I would try a change.

Hoping I didn't make a mistake jumping ship.

I have other Corsair products but never a keyboard.

Was going to get a mouse too but found that would be a mistake. Apparently they have very common early failures.

Trying to set up the Macro G keys on this K100. The G1 wont let go of launching the Streamdeck website.

No matter what I do it wont overwrite with what I try to set up.

The G keys are for what I want, not what they want.

On 2/3/2022 at 11:20 AM, dylix said:

Updated to 4.20.169, did not fix the issue.

yup i found that the latest version of icue that does not cause this bug to occur is icue version 4.18.209 if the bug annoys you a lot like me you're better of removing the app with something like revo uninstaller and installing icue version 4.18.209 and waiting for corsair to update icue again and remove the bug but until then you either have to put up with it or downgrade your icue version.

18 hours ago, nvr2fst said:

Just got the K100 today. I have the same issue with the mute indicator staying on.

Nice start huh. Over $200 keyboard should have no issues beyond preferences.

Came from a High end Logitech keyboard which was nice. Was just getting a bit old. Thought I would try a change.

Hoping I didn't make a mistake jumping ship.

I have other Corsair products but never a keyboard.

Was going to get a mouse too but found that would be a mistake. Apparently they have very common early failures.

Trying to set up the Macro G keys on this K100. The G1 wont let go of launching the Streamdeck website.

No matter what I do it wont overwrite with what I try to set up.

The G keys are for what I want, not what they want.

well corsair are normally good with their keyboards its just this keyboard model thats gone bad, ive used corsair for years and this is the first time im ecountering bugs in their keyboards but im not sure how to deal with that g1 key bug you have, that might be an rma because both me and my friends k100 doesnt have that issue or perhaps a clean install of icue.

And nothing has been done to fix it in the latest iCue. Golly jee , thanks for nothing corsair.

Just the same customer satisfaction lie as they all are turning on their customers.

We will speak with our wallets from now on since you yanks don't seem to understand any other language, including english, DO YOU SPEAK IT corsair ??

Corsair= blah blah blah, and yada yada yada . Manipulating the internet like a child to cover up all your cock-up's. How long do you figure this game will last you? You already know but instead of improving you just pretend even harder and hope all your problems go away.

Si I went back to iCue 4.18.209 and the problem is solved. The mute indicator works instantly on/off when switching.

Now, after the update to 4.20.169 it was not resolved at all, so back to 4.18.209.

On top of that the Corsair Audio analyzer light stopped functioning as well, to fix this i had to disconnect the void headset, then remove device/uninstall all it's hidden/ghosted parts in windows device manager (very important step or it doesn't work!!!). Then reconnect the Void Elite USB and have it rediscovered by windows. ONLY then does the Corsair audio visualizer starts to work again. This is no way of working and having to repair everything that any corsair update breaks and can't repair by itself, is frankly put AMATEURISTIC at best. Why does nothing ever change on your side corsair? You keep failing at this software part, over and over and over again.

Maybe it's again time to start trying to code yet another version/iteration of iCue and start all over again with the same results as always... 

Didn't someone call that INSANITY somewhere?? So you by all means are just an insane company, gives me a clear idea of the people working there. INSANE in the membrane.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah been having the same exact problem since getting the keyboard 2 months ago. Hopefully this issue is fixed soon

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 7:46 AM, Jase_CP said:

Hi everyone this issue is all fixed as of today update 4.21.173

Yes, I can confirm the version4.21.173 fixed the problem. At least on my system.

• 2 weeks later...

same here

On 3/19/2022 at 2:23 PM, ahfoo said:

Yes, I can confirm the version4.21.173 fixed the problem. At least on my system.

latest update has seem to fix this issue👍

Still doesn't work for me. I use voicemeteer and that might be why, when I scroll the volume or mute, I see it move in the app, but nothing on screen or on the keyboard. Used to work well with my old G15...