Corsair Community

Thermaltake Tower 100/Corsair AiO help

AllenTC2

So I had a Gigabyte Aorus Z590i sitting around and as they say, idle hands are the Devil's tools. I then got a TT Tower 100 case, slapped a i9-11900K on the mobo and then started wondering about how to cool it. I currently have two QL140s in the designated spots for them (top and back of case), and put a third on the 'floor'. Lastly I got a Noctua NH-D15 simply because I read it did a better job of cooling the 11900K than a 120mm AiO.

But now I'm contemplating putting an H60i AiO in there, replacing the stock fan with a QL120 to push and moving the QL140 to the top to pull.

1) Can I do this with the H60i?
2) Will it cool adequately?

Pic of the madness. 

tower100.jpg

Edited by AllenTC2

If you were getting better results with the air cooler than a 120mm AIO, changing to the H60i is likely to produce a similar outcome.  The only place that offers a location/temperature advantage in that case is on the baseplate toward the bottom.  That gets you cooler air through a 120mm radiator but still allows intake air to be drawn into the case from the other venting area.  The radiator does not completely restrict your air intake.  However, that may pose a problem with the AIO positioning and puts the CPU block as the highest point.  That could lead to air bubbles piling up in the CPU block.  You would have to work the hoses so the CPU is not the highest point in the loop.  If you are looking to experiment, go ahead.

Placing the radiator up top locks it into the main heat zone of the case and always will result in worse performance for mixed GPU/CPU loads.  It also cuts your airflow through the top port in half from the radiator restriction and that makes it a double penalty.  You often don't have much choice with small builds, but the motherboard and case orientation may exacerbate that depending on GPU design.