Corsair Community

Help with IDing newest RAM

Hi I bought two ram kits as I wanted 32 GB of ram for the 4 slots on my MOBO. My MOBO doesn't like me running two different kits of ram, I want to sell my two extra sticks but I want to keep the newest kit. I think the 4.33 version is the newest but I'd like to be sure.

20220103_143652.thumb.jpg.73cc058dea555fd9662056c442f1c754.jpg

20220103_143704.jpg.1abeab0e195015fd266a8a747b66fefc.jpg

It stands to reason 4.33 is “newer” than 4.32, but this isn’t like a software update where they’ve fixed bugs and made seamless improvements. The version number is typically used to distinguish between IC version by both manufacturer (pre-decimal) and then supply or batch version with the second part (post decimal .32 and .33). Whether one is better or not is highly situational and not likely something you can determine without attempting to clock each kit at a variety of settings. 

If you are not a serious memory overclocker, I would see if either version is listed by your MB manufacturer on their QVL list. The absence of your kit from their list is sometimes used against you when you are having problems and try to file a warranty claim. 

Edited by c-attack

53 minutes ago, c-attack said:

It stands to reason 4.33 is “newer” than 4.32, but this isn’t like a software update where they’ve fixed bugs and made seamless improvements. The version number is typically used to distinguish between IC version by both manufacturer (pre-decimal) and then supply or batch version with the second part (post decimal .32 and .33). Whether one is better or not is highly situational and not likely something you can determine without attempting to click each kit at a variety of settings. 

If you are not a serious memory overclocker, I would see if either version is listed by your MB manufacturer on their QVL list. The absence of your kit from their list is sometimes used against you when you are having problems and try to file a warranty claim. 

Thank you, neither of the kits are listed on the QVL list for my MOBO, I'm going to have to buy the dominator kit for my MSI MOBO.