Corsair Community

Corsair Elite Capellix LCD Problem's with QL Fans

I have a problem. I got the Corsair Elite Capellix LCD Display Edition today. The problem is that now the Corsair QL fans no longer work so the RGB no longer works. The pump head of the AiO is connected to the USB-Y cable and the Corsair Commander of the AiO is also connected to the USB-Y cable and the USB-Y cable is then connected to the mainboard. The CPU fans of the AIO are connected to the Commander Fan and Led. The remaining 6 case fans are QL fans from Corsair. The LED of the 6 ql fans are connected to the Lightning Node Core. And the fan connectors of the 6 fans are connected to the Commander Pro. The Commander Pro is also connected to the mainboard via USB. There are 2 USB ports on the Commander Pro, which is where the Lightning Node Core is connected. I have tried everything in the software, but the QL fans just do not want show RGB.

Edited by SourceModzZ

1 hour ago, SourceModzZ said:

The LED of the 6 ql fans are connected to the Lightning Node Core

This is your controller and the LCD pump has nothing to do with it.  As long as the LNCore has power (SATA), you connect the QL to the RGB ports, it should light them up.  However, while the Commander Core and XT devices auto-detect your LED configuration, other controllers do not.  If you just moved the QL over to that specific Lighting Node Core, you will need to set it up in CUE -> LNCore -> Lighting Set-up -> QL x 6.  If your LNCore does not show in CUE, that is a different problem but you don't state that in the paragraph above.

@c-Angriff The 6 QL fans are connected to the Lightning Node and the USB cable from the Lightning Node to the Commander Pro. The Commander Pro has its USB cable on the mainboard. In ICUE the Lightning Node is also recognized. I have set the 6 fans and activated the effect in lighting channel 1, but they do not light up.

OK, the LNCore being detected is good and the USB issues are a whole separate problem.  However, there is no device to device connection between the Commander and LNCore.  Those passthrough ports are like a USB splitter, not a more elaborate type of connection system.  

Try swapping the RGB connector of QL #1 with any other QL #2-6.  If the LNCore is detected, it's configured for QL x 6, and a lighting effect is set in the Lighting Effects panel, then you are probably looking for a fan problem.  It's a series circuit, so a dead LED or wire on #1 can make the rest go dark.  The other possibility would be a bad SATA connector, but this is less likely.    

Edited by c-attack

@c-attack

Your tip helped me! In fact, a QL fan where the LED no longer shows any response at the Lightning Node all other QL fans closed briefly. I have removed the fan that ensures that the others are closed briefly, and all other LEDs of the QL fans go again. Thanks for your tip! Have helped me a lot.

Be aware the Com Core and XT have individual RGB headers, unlike all the other controllers.  So 1 bad fan should appear as 1 bad fan.  The Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, and Lighting Node Core will act like a series circuit and the behavior you saw.  Contact Support to get that QL replaced.