Corsair Community

Corsair H100i White RGB Top fan insanely loud

Hey guys,

Got this Corsair H100i White RGB Cooler about a year ago.

About a month or two ago, the top fan started making this absolutely insanely loud noise.

Sent a ticket to support about a week ago and no feedback yet.

The noise is driving me insane, it's so loud.

Apparently we can't upload videos here, so I'll here's a link : https://imgur.com/a/uKDszNu

Any help is appreciated

Try loosening the screws holding it to the radiator just a tiny bit.  Sometimes you can too much pressure on one corner and it will do that.  However, most likely this is going to be at the motor and that means a replacement.  The fans that come with the Platinum coolers are not available at retail so you'll have to get it through Corsair. (White LL120 high speed are available.  Black ML-RGB high speed are not)

Edited by c-attack

6 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Try loosening the screws holding it to the radiator just a tiny bit.  Sometimes you can too much pressure on one corner and it will do that.  However, most likely this is going to be at the motor and that means a replacement.  The fans that come with the Platinum coolers are not available at retail so you'll have to get it through Corsair.  

Thank you for the reply. I will try to loosen the screws and see if the noise stops. If not, I'll be waiting for Corsair.

In the event that the fan has to be replaced, would any corsair fans fit?

I forgot you have the white SE version that came with high speed LL120 white.  These ARE available as an individual fan purchase.  This is different than the black model with high speed ML-RGB.  Not sure if you are still under warranty or not.  

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-LL120-120mm-Triple-Lighting/dp/B07LF75PJ8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2EH0JSFF4UPVK&th=1

The Platinum RGB controller has limits (no QL), but if you were thinking of changing fans, you would send the RGB wires off to a different controller with the rest of the case fans.  That said, there isn't much of an upgrade from the white LL unless you have specific application for the double sided white QL.

Edited by c-attack

1 minute ago, c-attack said:

I forgot you have the white SE version that came with high speed LL120 white.  These ARE available as an individual fan purchase.  This is different than the black model with high speed ML-RGB.  Not sure if you are still under warranty or not.  

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-LL120-120mm-Triple-Lighting/dp/B07LF75PJ8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2EH0JSFF4UPVK&th=1

This is fantastic news, warranty or not at this point, if I can pay $40 and get a replacement, I'll be happy to do so. I'll give support a couple more days to see if they will offer replacement.

Thanks again for the help