Corsair Community

ddr won run at rated speeds

MsB

I won some ddr ram from corsair at a lanparty sponsered by them. It is twinx1024-4000pro. I have used it on several nf-3 and now a nf4 mobo and cannot make it run faster than 230 mghz @ 1t setting. I cannot find whether it is rated at 2t settings but it seems to me it should run at 250mghz at least, at 1t settings. Its not a mattter of cpu as I have tried every setting possible to make it run at this speed including turning multiplier down on cpus that I know will oc greatly and easily to 250 fsb @ stock multiplier. I can however, get it to run at up too 260 mghz @ 2t settings but this is not satifactory as my bandwidth is terribly cut at this setting. Is this just bad ram????

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have, along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well, and PSU & video card that you currently have on your system? In addition, please tell me if you have the latest BIOS installed on your system and the BIOS settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

ok system is

dfi lanparty ut SLI DR

amd 64 4000+rev E @2761mghz

2x 6800 gts

aerocool tubine 550 watt psu

and of course twinx1024- 4000pro @2761mghz

watercooled cpu and vidcards

bios as follows for fastest fsb overclock with 1t timing

Memory settings- some are default and I dont know what the end results are for auto.

Dram/FSB 1/1

command per clock-enable=1t

tcl-03

trcd-4

tras-8

trp-04

trc-07

trfc-auto

trrd02

twr-02

twtr-02

trwt-03

tref-3120 cyles

twcl-auto

dram bank interleave-enabled

dqs skew- auto

dqs skew-value-auto

dram drive strength-auto

max async latency=auto

dram response time-fast

read peamble time-auto

idle cycle limit-256 cycles

dynamiccounter- disabled

r/w que bypass- x16

bypass max 16x

32 byte granularity- 32 bursts

FSB 230

LDT/FSB frequency ratio-x4

LDT bus transfer is 16 down and 16 up

CPU/ FSB- 12x

pci express frequency-100mghz

cool & quiet-disabled

cpu vid start-1.55v

cpu vid control 1.475

cpu vid special control1.13% resulting cpu vid of 1.73

LDT voltage-1.2v

chipset voltage-1.5v

dram voltage- 2.70

dram .03v if its not 3.2v-enabled

I have tried raising chipset voltage , dram voltage and LDT voltage to get high fsb. I can attain 250 fsb if at 2t timings or if I set fsb /dram at 200/180 and run ram much slower. THe proc will run at 3000 mghz stable this way

I know that I am not cpu limited.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB (download the Beta version) and load optimized defaults settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX512 or Twinx1024-4000

Genie BIOS/DRAM Configuration

DRAM Frequency Set: 2:1 or 400MHz or 200 (if option are 133/166/200)

Command per Clock: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

And leave the rest at AUTO setting

Genie BIOS

FSB BUS Frequency: 250

LDT/FSB Frequency ratio: 4X

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16 16

CPU/FSB Frequency ratio: 10x

PCI Ex: 100

K8 cool N’ quiet: Disable

CPU VID Start Up Value: 1.55

CPU VID Control: 1.55

CPU VID Special Control: 113%

Chipset Voltage Control: 1.6

DRAM Voltage Control: 2.8

HW Monitor: All Temp. must be set to 25C.

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Ive done that with all those settings except for command per clock disabled= settings at 2t. they tested fine 6 passes. I tested at 1t. you know what I looked at the ram itself and it says cmx-512 4000 not twinx like the package.

Yes, Twinx1024-4000 would be made with 2 CMX512-4000 modules, but the lot code will be the same for both modules.

Ok so it still wont run at rated speeds should I return it? or do you have any suggestions?

I have a 4000+ rev. E that will run @ 250 fsb , thats 3000 mghz NP-stable. if I set the bios at 200/180 - fsb/memory, thats lowering the memory to a lower speed than the cpu. so I know its not the cpu. look at my specs Im an oc' er and modder. My rig, (everything is water cooled massively, two water cooling systems).

I have a 4000+ rev. E that will run @ 250 fsb , thats 3000 mghz NP-stable. if I set the bios at 200/180 - fsb/memory, thats lowering the memory to a lower speed than the cpu. so I know its not the cpu. look at my specs Im an oc' er and modder. My rig, (everything is water cooled massively, two water cooling systems).

I dont want to be a bore but I was hoping it was something to do with settings. maybe a setting trick Im missing. I know it wont run at rated speeds. and I would really like to rma them. Do I need a ticket from you or something??

Archived