Corsair Community

ICUE Software takes time to launch issue

So today I had a power outage which was normal but after the power came back after10 mins, i turned on my PC, and when I try to launch ICUE software it takes time to launch, I mean the software on my screen but not responding inside the task manager and after 2-3 mins the software works normally again.

I tried to reinstall and delete the files from %appdata% and %localappdata% folder and removed the files from Regedit and removed MSI software which was installed before without any issues but still, the ICUE software takes 2-3 mins to work and function normally, the ICUE v4.19.191 installed in Samsung 970 EVO Plus, so I don't think it's hard to drive issue.

Does anyone have a solution for it?

So you were using the PC when the power slammed off? It’s looking like you may have OS corruption rather than a CUE specific error. The clean install would have removed all components, so any issue left is likely on the OS side. 

You can try running the Windows repair command. Open the terminal or power shell window (right click start menu). Then enter “sfc /scannow” (no quotes, with the space). Maybe that can correct it, but historically success with that mechanic is limited. You may need to reinstall Windows with the repair option in the Windows settings. 

5 hours ago, c-attack said:

So you were using the PC when the power slammed off? It’s looking like you may have OS corruption rather than a CUE specific error. The clean install would have removed all components, so any issue left is likely on the OS side. 

You can try running the Windows repair command. Open the terminal or power shell window (right click start menu). Then enter “sfc /scannow” (no quotes, with the space). Maybe that can correct it, but historically success with that mechanic is limited. You may need to reinstall Windows with the repair option in the Windows settings. 

For unknown reason i installed MSI Center back and it started working normally now, not sure why that happened

• Like 1

Interesting. It’s likely fighting with CUE over access to the devices. That is a common issue between RGB programs, but it usually manifests itself as “wrong colors”. The slow load is not something commonly reported, but it does seem like there is a connection. Corruption on hard power off is more common and I took the bait. Glad to see this was not as painful as an OS reinstall. 

• 3 months later...