Corsair Community

H100i Elite Capellix Commander w/5 Fans

I'm not sure if I wired something incorrectly, but I have recently purchased the H100i Elite Capellix and installed it in my case.  Connected to the Commander Core, I have the fans that came with the H100i but also three additional corsair RGB fans connected to ports 3-5.  The fans are spinning, but no RGB lighting seems to be working on them.

Is the Commander Core limited to channel 1/2 for RGB?

21 minutes ago, MrMagou said:

CO-9050059-WW

That is the original "SP-RGB" 120mm fan.  They are not compatible with any other Corsair RGB fan type.  You would need to run a separate RGB controller just for them.  All other Corsair RGB fans types will work with the ML-Elite (OEM) fans from the AIO kit.  

Well that's a pretty sad panda.  Are you aware of a compatibility matrix between controllers/fans?

@c-attack can you confirm if I was to purchase these I could connect them to the Commander Core and manage via iCue?

It's really just that fan that is the odd ball. It was the first one 5 years ago.  Things changed after that.  Even if you have a different controller, you would not be able to combine it with another fan type.  

Additionally, your AIO fans are part of the "8 LED series" fan group.  There are several fan types that are an exact match.  The SP-Elite and newly released ML-Elite are exact LED color/hue matches.  However, be aware the SP-Pro (also 8 LEDs) matches for color, but is a 3 pin DC motor and not compatible with the PWM controller on the Commander Core.  

After looking at the matrix, my thought was to pickup the Commander Pro, since it says compatible with the OG SP-RGB.  After reading your reply, my OCD would kick in if all the fans don't match; hopefully I'm not the only one like that.

With that said, I will likely pickup either several single or the three pack of these:

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/ml-pro-rgb-config/p/CO-9050076-WW

Those are ML-Pro (4 LED fans) and will work with the Commander Core (PWM) for speed and lighting control. Be aware that is a 4 LED fan like your old SP-RGB, so it won’t be an exact match. The Com Core will try and adjust patterns and speed to match, but it’s not seamless.

Also, since that fan has been replaced by the ML-Elite and is no longer manufactured, prices are up. A 3x120 pack of ML-Pro is selling for nearly double the price of 3x120 SP-Elite. That would not be my first choice. 

Edited by c-attack

Yes, either of those would be my first choice. They are both a match to what you have with the AIO. The new ML-Elite have a slight design tweak to the frame and a higher maximum speed. The SP-Elite are readily available. The ML-Elite are brand new and a little harder to come by. 

I ended up finding a 3pack of the SP120 RGB Elite and the they are very nice.  The iCUE picked them up pretty quickly but I'm noticing they're not spinning which is odd to me.

For PWM, they are connected to the Commander Core?  Do a full shutdown and flip the PSU off for 10-15 seconds, then back on and start up normally.  The Com Core has an auto-detect for PWM as well and sometimes it needs a power cycle to properly detect the fans.  That said, it really should do that on the first boot.