Corsair Community

Can I buy 2 matched 1 Gig memory sticks for my set up(Ram Guy)?

jkilla74

Ram Guy,

Can I buy two 1 Gig matched PC3200 sticks(2 BG Total) and run them at 400 Mhz with my current set-up? If so what corsair sticks should I buy. I know I previously asked about adding a 3rd stick but then I would have to go down to 333 Mhz.. I want to stay at 400 but I want more memory..

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest you set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you can follow the link in my signature for the exact tested settings but I would set them to Cass 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7 Volts.

• Corsair Employee
No that is not what I had suggested but they will work with this MB, but at a slower timings of Cass 3-3-3-8. And unless you have a window in your case you dont need the Pro Version.

No that is not what I had suggested but they will work with this MB, but at a slower timings of Cass 3-3-3-8. And unless you have a window in your case you dont need the Pro Version.

Yes, I do have the window in my case.... But I do want the 2.5-3-3-6 timings so I will have to look elsewhere... I didnt see them on that sight though....

Yes, I do have the window in my case.... But I do want the 2.5-3-3-6 timings so I will have to look elsewhere... I didnt see them on that sight though....

How about this ram, a little more expensive though.... Is this the ram that can be ran at tighter timings at 400Mhz?

Ram

Or this one from New Egg?New Egg

• 3 months later...

Ok now I have the X2 dual processor A64 4400 chip with a MSI Neo Platinum 2 boards.... Everything is running great but I think it has the wrong ram settings.. I have it in dual channel mode... WHat should I set everything at.. There were 5 Ram settings in the bios. It was set on 2T timing. 3-7-7-17 or something like that... The ram I have is TWINX2048-3200PRO

TWINX2048-3200C2 - $260

TWINX2048-3200PRO - $297

Simple. The more expensive ones have the lights on them.

Just as a comparison:

TWINX2048-3200 - $259

TWINX2048-3200PT - $259

TWINX2048-3200C2PT - $262

PT means PLATINUM heat spreaders (no, they're only that color for looks, no performance difference)

Archived