Corsair Community

Poor color detection with iCUE ambient lighting

I'll just start off with the fact that I have all Corsair lighting. 6 fans, mouse pad, mouse, key board, rgb strips, and I just added the LT100 and LS100 for the ambient lighting feature. My issue is that regardless of how I set the screen capture, the lights almost always just produce white light. It's really disappointing. They do not seem to recognize colors across the screen very well. There is a 3rd party program for RGB control that has the ambient lighting feature for all hardware, and it works great for colors. Is this something wrong with my configuration or just a flaw with iCues color recognition? 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, MitchMeister03 said:

I'll just start off with the fact that I have all Corsair lighting. 6 fans, mouse pad, mouse, key board, rgb strips, and I just added the LT100 and LS100 for the ambient lighting feature. My issue is that regardless of how I set the screen capture, the lights almost always just produce white light. It's really disappointing. They do not seem to recognize colors across the screen very well. There is a 3rd party program for RGB control that has the ambient lighting feature for all hardware, and it works great for colors. Is this something wrong with my configuration or just a flaw with iCues color recognition? 

I also have the LS100. I bought it mostly because of the ambient mode...

total disappointment on win 7. a little bit better now on win 11 and latest icue version.

colors were and still are bleached, mostly a pinkish white all the time unless you are watching green meadows or blue sea or a

swimming pool full of lemons in full screen. I think you got the idea.

it works great only with very clear solid colors on the screen.  I like it now on windows 11.

it's quite a good feeling but i was expecting much better for that price and from this brand.

I would even accept a little higher cpu usage in order to have more matching colors 

• Like 1