Corsair Community

Hi,

I finished installing the Xd3 water pump and reservoir combo but I’m having a hard time why my pump isn’t circulating the coolant through my setup. I’m assuming it might be my connections to the C-pro. Led 2 port isn’t working so I daisy chained the rgb for the cpu water block and have my pump 3 pin connection taking the Led 1 spot. I connected everything else as is according to the manual except for connecting the 3 pin rgb adapter cable to the motherboard. I’m still not getting any coolant circulation.

Can you clarify between “the pump is running but water not moving” and the pump is off and not receiving power?  The XD3 is quite loud at full blast when filling. No mistaking off from on. If the pump is on and nothing is moving, we probably need to talk about flow path and ports. 

You will not need to connect any RGB or PWM cables to the motherboard in this setup. XD3 and XC7 share the cable to LED 1. The XD3 tach/PWM wire will go to Commander Pro port #6 (or any of them). Make sure you don’t hot plug it while the power is on. You can leave the PWM from the XD3 off while filling. That guarantees max rpm on the pump. 

Edited by c-attack

When I perform my leak test the LED on Xd3 pump and cpu water block lights up and the pump does it’s flush for a second or two and then stops. So the coolant never circulates through the entire loop. My loop configuration is , with outlet designated to right side of Xd3, Xd3 outlet to right side of radiator, left side of radiator to right port gpu waterblock, (gpu waterblock ports faces downwards to connect to pcie slot accordingly), left port of gpu waterblock to left side of cpu waterblock, right side of cpu waterblock to inlet on Xd3 pump ( or left side of Xd3 pump).

2 minutes ago, amateo313 said:

When I perform my leak test the LED on Xd3 pump and cpu water block lights up and the pump does it’s flush for a second or two and then stops. So the coolant never circulates through the entire loop. My loop configuration is , with outlet designated to right side of Xd3, Xd3 outlet to right side of radiator, left side of radiator to right port gpu waterblock, (gpu waterblock ports faces downwards to connect to pcie slot accordingly), left port of gpu waterblock to left side of cpu waterblock, right side of cpu waterblock to inlet on Xd3 pump ( or left side of Xd3 pump).

360mm Radiator is configured on right side of pc case the ports are located at the bottom of my pc case not on top. 

When looking at the face/front of the XD3, the left port is outlet and the right or side port is inlet/return.  However, flow direction would not prevent circulation unless the left front port is blocked.  

What does the XD3 sound like when you power on with the ATX jumper?  It should be pulling like a truck in low gear at maximum speed -- seriously loud.  Do you get that?  Or is it relatively quiet?  Make sure the tach wire from the XD3 is disconnected.  The default speed of 1700 rpm won't fill anything.  It seems like it does it's normal full power on, then downshifts.  

Initially it sounds like a flush. A noticeable sounds. I even see the coolant moving through the lines as intended. Then after a few seconds no sound no movement, just lighting from the LED. No kinks or blockage in tubing. I haven’t disconnected the tach wire. I’m fact I believe the wires from the Xd3 and cpu waterblock is still connected to the Co Pro. Which is connected to the psu via the pwm cable.

Cable wise, the co pro and all connections from the Corsair line are connected to it then connected to psu. All power cables except the pwm cable and motherboard is connected to the psu. Everything else is disconnected from the motherboard and psu during leak test/filling phase.

Just now, amateo313 said:

Cable wise, the co pro and all connections from the Corsair line are connected to it then connected to psu. All power cables except the pwm cable and motherboard is connected to the psu. Everything else is disconnected from the motherboard and psu during leak test/filling phase.

Sorry meant to say all power cables are DISCONNECTED from the psu except motherboard and pwm***

26 minutes ago, amateo313 said:

I haven’t disconnected the tach wire. I’m fact I believe the wires from the Xd3 and cpu waterblock is still connected to the Co Pro

Disconnect the wire from XD3 to Commander Pro.  This is keeping the XD3 at around 1700 rpm.  Nice and quiet, but not enough for the filling process when you have air pockets in the route adding to the restriction.  

If you are now up and running on the desktop, go the Commander Pro settings and make sure the header controlling the XD3 is set to "4 pin" -- not auto.  If all your fans on the Commander are PWM, set those to 4 pin as well.  That will skip the 12v power test on boot.

If you remove the XD3's control wire from the Commander, it should run at 100% -- software installed or not.  If it does not, then there is a problem with the XD3.