Corsair Community

Connecting LS100 Strips without Commander Pro / Starter kit

Hello, I bought 2 packs of LS100 450mm strips (4 together). I got 4 LL fans connected to the icue 4000x rgb case through this device which was sold together with case on the back of it (i guess this is corsair hub but without a case?). So my question is, if i dont have a starter kit or commander pro, can i connect strips to my case? I have 2 free slots (4 are used by LL 120 fans), so can 2 strips be connected per each free slot?

There are 3rd party adapters out there that'd let you do this but I'd advise against it. That's would likely be too much power to put on the single SATA power connector.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:48 AM, DevBiker said:

There are 3rd party adapters out there that'd let you do this but I'd advise against it. That's would likely be too much power to put on the single SATA power connector.

If i will buy a LS100 start kit will i be able to control it throught Icue software together with expansion kit strips? Or anyway i need to buy node commander pro to control it via icue software?

On 1/9/2022 at 9:12 PM, Fingersik said:

If i will buy a LS100 start kit will i be able to control it throught Icue software together with expansion kit strips? Or anyway i need to buy node commander pro to control it via icue software?

be careful , if you buy the LS100 starter kit (which includes 2x 250mm strips 2 x450mm strips and a controller) I think you can connect all 

your stripes and manage them by icue but the ls100 is a monitor backlight kit so the controller is an esternal unit.

it has its own power adapter (to be plugged into the wall) and an usb cable to plug in the external usb ports...