Corsair Community

HX1000 cables

Hello everyone,

I have built a PC with an HX1000 psu and a Noctua DH-15.

Due to accessibilità issues (the Noctua is really performant, but it is immense and you lose access to any component nearby) I have recently replaced the Noctua with an h150i top mounted but, to do so, I had to reroute the 12V PSU cables for the CPU (no room to route them above the motherboard, so I had to route them from the side) and now they are stretched to their limit in order to reach the plugs.

To improve the current installation, I bought two individually sleeved EPS12V/ATX12V gen 4 type 4 cables (CP-8920236), which are more flexible and longer than the ones included with the PSU.

Before installing them, though, I would like to know if it is possibile to mix the original PSU cables (still installare for 24V ATX and PCIe) with the individually sleeved cables (for 12VATX) without problems, or if it could be an issue.

Thank you in advance.

yep, you can mix all you want as long as they are type 4. It's the pinout that counts, not what's around the cables 😉

On 1/7/2022 at 9:04 PM, LeDoyen said:

yep, you can mix all you want as long as they are type 4. It's the pinout that counts, not what's around the cables 😉

Thank you very much!

I procedeed to replace the cables and, while I was at it, I replaced also the 24V as the standard cable was really ugly.

In order to connect the 24V to the motherboard i had to apply a significant pressure on the connector, and I’m afraid I might have damaged something (although the system boots fine). Here is a picture of the pin solders from behind, what do you think? Could I have damaged them somehow?

Thank you in advance.

317BEB85-EC6E-49CF-B504-5351B31075BC.jpeg

to plug tat one it's good to hold the side of the motherboard to avoid flexing it. if it boots fine you should be good. the motherboard will most likely break before you can crack through hole soldered pins 🙂

hold the side and wiggle the connector in place instead of pushing it straight in. A bit on one side, a bit on the other, until it clicks.

• Thanks 1