Corsair Community

xd5 rgb pump res combo rgb question

i have never had a computer with rgb i bought a be quiet silent base 802 a asus rog maximus z690 mobo and light wings for radiator and case fans. I received to rgb hubs with the fans i used every other fan on one hub and every other fan and reservoir rgb on the other. i planned on running the asus software to control rgbs. my question is there are 2 leads 1 is lead in the other is Daisey chain out with the supplied extra lead that came i took the Daisey chain lead hooked the wire that came in the box and plugged it into the be quiet rgb hub. my question is will this configuration work will it back feed the rgb on the pump res.

It's going to depend on the fan wiring.  A true daisy chain likely generates the same effect on every fan and the pump tied into that would become the same.  Problematic depending on the number LEDs on the fan vs the pump.  If the fans have their own RGB hub, then they likely are independently controllable and it that instance you definitely want the XD5 and the fans on two different 5v D-RGB headers on the motherboard.  I probably would do that regardless.  

Pump seems to run everything fine. Finished the build the other day and I'm testing different fan configurations. I run it at 70% and I can't really hear it, and the flow seems good.