Corsair Community

iCue not recognizing more than 2 Corsair devices

I'm trying to run 8 Corsair ML Elite fans (three 140mm front intake, four 120mm side intake, one 140mm rear exhaust) and 6 ML Elite fans on my AIO (top push/pull exhaust). To accomplish this, I'm trying to run the Commander Core included with the H170i Elite LCD (for the six radiator fans) plus another 2 Commander Core XTs (1 for the four 120mm fans and 1 for the four 140mm fans), which will require 4 USB 2.0 connections. My Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme has two USB 2.0 headers so I purchased a NZXT powered USB hub and no matter what configuration I try my computer will only run two things. I tried running everything off the NZXT hub plugged into one of my motherboard headers, I tried running the included Y-splitter with the H170i on one header and daisy chaining the Commander Core XTs into the other motherboard header, and every other combination you could think of. Since the H170i Elite requires 2 USB connections that's all I can get iCue to display. If I unplug one of the AIO connections, I can see one of my Commander Core XTs. If I unplug both AIO connections iCue displays both of the Commander Core XTs. I even purchased another NZXT hub thinking I had originally received a defective one. Digging into my Device Manager I'm getting "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." I tried every troubleshooting recommendation I could find. I reinstalled iCue, I flashed my motherboard BIOS to stock and back, I updated my chipset drivers, I deleted Upper/Lower registries for the unresponsive USB devices, I deleted and let Windows reinstall USB Host Controllers, and tried a fresh Windows install. Luckily the Commanders are receiving power, so all my fans are spinning, but it's annoying that I spent a lot of money building this rig and have no control over the RGB on most of my fans.

Case - Corsair 7000D Airflow

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5900x

Motherboard - Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme

RAM - G.Skill 32gb (4 x 8gb) 3600 CL14

GPU - Asus ROG Strix 3080ti

I see you found the other thread and you two are the only ones to have reported it so far, but I think that is only because of the number of people using that many Com Core/XT controllers. 

You likely noted the other user got some traction on a USB 3 path, presumably with some adapters. However, I think the better path may be to rework controllers to eliminate a Commander XT and then you can return it. 

Do you have any Lighting Node Core RGB controllers from the ML-Elite multi packs?  I am not sure there is one in the case on the airflow version. This becomes a substitute for one XT. Then you can use the powered PWM hub in the back to replace the PWM side of the XT. There is no reason you need independent fan control on the push-pull radiator side or on any other panel of 3 fans. 

Edited by c-attack

I’m going to try the USB 3 to USB 2 adapter solution the other user found. However, this isn’t optimal as I will lose front panel connectivity. The 7000D Airflow doesn’t come with a Lighting Node Core and I purchased all my fans individually as I thought I would be able to use the two Commander Core XTs as intended. I don’t think using the Lighting Node Core would work as they require a USB connection. The H170i Elite is going to need the only two USB connections that seem to work as it has one connection for the screen and one for the included Commander Core. Using the H170i Elite means I can’t even run one additional Commander Core XT. Hopefully Corsair finds a solution for this or provides a disclaimer to the limitation of devices on the product page. 

This issue is new and related to something with Commander Core/XT controllers. People have been combining three+ Commander Pro(s) + LNPro or LNCore without issue for some time. Your typical Corsair 1000D likely has at least 4 controllers. You’ll need that NZXT hub, but in this case the theory is not too many devices but too much traffic with the XTs. 

Unfortunately if you didn’t get a LNCore with the case or the ML-Elite, it makes that option more tedious. There are probably some Lighting Node Cores on EBay or other marketplace for a nominal amount. There are probably Lighting Node Pros out there too, but if you don’t have any old RGB Lighting hubs that doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

• 2 months later...

Same issue. I have a Corsair 5000X. Am trying to run x7 SP120 RGB Elite fans (3 in front, 3 on side and 1 in rear) and a Hydro iCue H150i Pro XT RGB 360mm via two daisy-chained Commander Core XTs. Have a ASUS ProArt 690 mobo with 2 USB 2.0 headers. Both Commanders work fine and show up in iCue. But as soon as I get both running, the H150i no longer shows up in iCue. I am daisy chaining the 2 Commander Cores off one USB header. The aio is going directly into the motherboard. The aio seems to be working, I just don't have any RGB control. Super annoying. I've also tried everything I can think of. None of the ASUS bloatware is installed so no conflicts there. I can't imagine way I shouldn't be able to run more than 2 Corsair devices. 

Anyone else having this problem or know a solution? CrunchLab did you ever get it fixed? Thanks, all

• 4 months later...
Hi,
Disconnect the other fans connection from the MB and connect the new one. Then when the PC is ON, connect the new second one. This worked for me.

Correction : 

With the PC On. Disconnect the other fans connection from the MB and connect the new one (sole alone). Connect the new old one. This worked for me.

• Corsair Employees
On 3/8/2022 at 12:40 AM, freebird2000 said:

Same issue. I have a Corsair 5000X. Am trying to run x7 SP120 RGB Elite fans (3 in front, 3 on side and 1 in rear) and a Hydro iCue H150i Pro XT RGB 360mm via two daisy-chained Commander Core XTs. Have a ASUS ProArt 690 mobo with 2 USB 2.0 headers. Both Commanders work fine and show up in iCue. But as soon as I get both running, the H150i no longer shows up in iCue. I am daisy chaining the 2 Commander Cores off one USB header. The aio is going directly into the motherboard. The aio seems to be working, I just don't have any RGB control. Super annoying. I've also tried everything I can think of. None of the ASUS bloatware is installed so no conflicts there. I can't imagine way I shouldn't be able to run more than 2 Corsair devices. 

Anyone else having this problem or know a solution? CrunchLab did you ever get it fixed? Thanks, all

Hey there, the Pro XT can't operate off the passthrough of the Commander Core XT, as the Pro XT needs both USB channels, and the Core XT only passes through a single USB Channel. So that explains that. However, the Commander Core XT should be able to connect to the passthrough of the other Commander Core XT without issue. Can you connect the Core XT one at a time and force a firmware update? There likely won't be an update but re-flashing can often resolve some odd issues.

Does the AIO Pro XT show in iCUE, but have no control, or does it not show at all?

Could you make a ticket with this information for us so we can look into this further for you?

• Corsair Employees
On 1/6/2022 at 4:45 AM, CrunchLab said:

I'm trying to run 8 Corsair ML Elite fans (three 140mm front intake, four 120mm side intake, one 140mm rear exhaust) and 6 ML Elite fans on my AIO (top push/pull exhaust). To accomplish this, I'm trying to run the Commander Core included with the H170i Elite LCD (for the six radiator fans) plus another 2 Commander Core XTs (1 for the four 120mm fans and 1 for the four 140mm fans), which will require 4 USB 2.0 connections. My Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme has two USB 2.0 headers so I purchased a NZXT powered USB hub and no matter what configuration I try my computer will only run two things. I tried running everything off the NZXT hub plugged into one of my motherboard headers, I tried running the included Y-splitter with the H170i on one header and daisy chaining the Commander Core XTs into the other motherboard header, and every other combination you could think of. Since the H170i Elite requires 2 USB connections that's all I can get iCue to display. If I unplug one of the AIO connections, I can see one of my Commander Core XTs. If I unplug both AIO connections iCue displays both of the Commander Core XTs. I even purchased another NZXT hub thinking I had originally received a defective one. Digging into my Device Manager I'm getting "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." I tried every troubleshooting recommendation I could find. I reinstalled iCue, I flashed my motherboard BIOS to stock and back, I updated my chipset drivers, I deleted Upper/Lower registries for the unresponsive USB devices, I deleted and let Windows reinstall USB Host Controllers, and tried a fresh Windows install. Luckily the Commanders are receiving power, so all my fans are spinning, but it's annoying that I spent a lot of money building this rig and have no control over the RGB on most of my fans.

Case - Corsair 7000D Airflow

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5900x

Motherboard - Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme

RAM - G.Skill 32gb (4 x 8gb) 3600 CL14

GPU - Asus ROG Strix 3080ti

Hey there, can you make sure your Chipset Drivers are installed and up to date? Also, what happens if you connect the Core XTs to each other on a USB Header on the motherboard, and then have everything else on the NZXT hub?

The insufficient system resources typically indicates that the hardware of your system (motherboard) lacks the ability to communicate with so many USB devices at once. If this is a software issue it is resolvable by ensuring the BIOS, Chipset, and ALL other drivers are up to date. You may also want to reach out to Asus as it could be a faulty USB controller on your board.

Could you make a ticket with this information for us so we can look into this further for you?