Corsair Community

RBG not working on Fans+Pump

Hi,

I currently am working on building a new PC and have pretty much finished everything, except I can't get the RBG to work on 6 of my 10 fans or my XD5 pump/res. I currently have a commander pro, a lighting node pro, lightning node core, and an RGB hub. It seems that the only fans that actually light up are those connected to the lightning node core, but the ones connected to the RGB hub--->Node Pro---> Commander Pro USB slot don't seem to light up at all. I feel like I have tried various different orders/combos to get the other fans and pump to work but nothing seems to click.

What should my order with these components to get all 10 fans to work?

The RGB control device should not matter. The XD5 can be on the LNPro or the C-Pro and works either way. However, you do need to manually configure the Lighting Setup tab for each type…. Hydro X -> XD5. What is the fan type?  Are all your devices recognized in CUE (Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, etc)?

Edited by c-attack

Just did some setup in iCue and I got all but 6 fan RGBs working. I have the commander pro with the XD5 pump+XD7 cpu cooler daisy chain in LED port 1, and an RGB hub for 4 LL120 fans in LED port 2. Those work fine. I have 6 other QL120 fans that are all connected into a lighting node core that don't want to light up at all.

I at first tried to connect the lighting node core to the USB passthrough on the commander pro with no success. I also plugged the USB into directly into the motherboard with no success with being able to configure the LEDs on those 6 fans. Not sure exactly how to troubleshoot/what next steps to take.

Misread that and saw Pro instead of Core.  

Is the LNCore detected in CUE?  If not, you won't have control until it is.  What motherboard series do you have?

Edited by c-attack

I just found the issue by switching around the RGB header orders, and it turns out the header connected in port 1 was simply defective, causing all of the fans to not light up. Putting the others in ports 1-5, they are able to light up now. Guess I just have to see if corsair will send me a new fan at this point unless theres any other solution I can try.

Seems like you found the solution. The Commander Core and XT controllers have individual RGB port functionality, unlike all the other controllers that are serial. It’s tricky when #1 is full dead since it makes it look like a global device problem. 

Should be no issue getting Corsair to replace the fan or if new you can use your local options.