Corsair Community

RMA needed

Hi, A couple of weeks ago I started having extensive lock-ups, even on clean HDD's. After having tests run on both HDD's, both sticks of RAM, and resetting the Bio's, I found that the problem was with the RAM. One stick would not post and the other had (no joke) over 9,000 errors. I have not overclocked any part of my system, and there was no power surge prior to the occurance of the lock-ups. Therefore, I would like to these parts.

The part number of the RAM is CMX512-3200LLPT.

I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NPro mobo with an AMD64 3200 w/ 400mhz (I think) FSB. I can't check my bio's right now because my computer is about a 30 minute drive from where I am right now. Whatever they are, they are the same as what they have been for the past year.

As for the memory test, it was run by a technician.

• Corsair Employees
This MB is not that old, and I would test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and set the Dim Over Voltage Control to +.2 Volts and please make sure that you have the latest bios before you load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage. If you get errors with both modules I would test them in another system to be sure.

Archived