Corsair Community

Want to replace fans in 570x, please help :)

Hi

So I have the 570x with the included sp120 fans still in it at the front and a b450 pro max WiFi mobo. I want to replace my intake fans (sp120)  with the Corsair LL120’s in the front of my case and then rear as exhaust too, but do I need a radiator for the front? Also, will these fans be compatible with  my mobo? Pls help if possible 

if you want to replace fans why would you need a radiator for? ^^

All you need is a driver... a screwdriver !

... sorry it's late...

If you look up your case in corsair's website, you will see in the download section that there is an installation guide showing you how it's assembled.

The front fans are on a long bracket held in place by two thumbscrews accessible from the inside (remove the side glass).

You only have to disconnect the 3 front fans and remove that entire fan bracket in one go.

you can then take the old fans out, screw in the LL120, and back in it goes.

Now for connexions, the LL120 are PWM fans (4 pin instead of 3). They will work just fine on the motherboard as is, but you can go into BIOS and change the fan ports settigns from 3 pin to 4 pin (or from DC to PWM, depending on how they refer to it).

For RGB though you're due for a controller purchase. The old SP120 RGB controller will not work with LL120 if i am not mistaken (someone correct me if i'm wrong!).

You have many options to adress that. the neatest may be a commander core XT. It would allow you to control both fan speed (PWM) and RGB, all in one unit, directly through iCUE, up to 6 fans.

That adds up to the initial budget though, convenient as it may be.

Edited by LeDoyen

2 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

if you want to replace fans why would you need a radiator for? ^^

All you need is a driver... a screwdriver !

... sorry it's late...

If you look up your case in corsair's website, you will see in the download section that there is a quick start guide showing you how it's assembled.

The front fans are on a long bracket held in place by two thumbscrews accessible from the inside (remove the side glass).

You only have to disconnect the 3 front fans and remove that entire fan bracket in one go.

you can then take the old fans out, screw in the LL120, and back in it goes.

Now for connexions, the LL120 are PWM fans (4 pin instead of 3). They will work just fine on the motherboard as is, but you can go into BIOS and change the fan ports settigns from 3 pin to 4 pin (or from DC to PWM, depending on how they refer to it).

For RGB though you're due for a controller purchase. The old SP120 RGB controller will not work with LL120 if i am not mistaken (someone correct me if i'm wrong!).

You have many options to adress that. the neatest may be a commander core XT. It would allow you to control both fan speed (PWM) and RGB, all in one unit, directly through iCUE, up to 6 fans.

That adds up to the initial budget though, convenient as it may be.

Ohhhh thank you so much, I’m a massive noob so i don’t know why I thought you would need a radiator. For the commander core XT, would you need to get this in order for the fans to do everything (including all the things for rgb etc) or could you just put the ll120 fans in without it? Thanks for your help though! 

15 minutes ago, Bblue45 said:

Ohhhh thank you so much, I’m a massive noob so i don’t know why I thought you would need a radiator. For the commander core XT, would you need to get this in order for the fans to do everything (including all the things for rgb etc) or could you just put the ll120 fans in without it? Thanks for your help though! 

sorry just wanted to add- or would you still be able to access iCUE and use the fans with the lighting node pro included with the ll120s?

aaaaah if you have the pack with the LNpro, forget what i said

you have RGB covered already, and you can control the fan speeds with the motherboard.

You need a full corsair controller only if you want to control the fan speeds with iCUE, which you may not care about because $$

Thank you very much, this was super helpful, I'm going to order the ll120's then with the LNpro, eventually I may get the commander XT thingy but for now I'll probs just use BIOS if I need to alter fan speeds. Thanks again, have a good day!