Corsair Community

Dont register heat properly.

TimonGG

You boxed the wrong one in CUE.  "Package temp" will be further down the list.  Also, be aware that different programs poll at different intervals.  It's not too difficult to catch them in different places on a rapidly shifting metric like CPU temp.  If you want to make an easier comparison, load up something like CPU-Z and it's bench stress test.  It is a moderate and linear load, so the CPU temps should hold even plus small +1C increments over time.  You can compare that to something like HWMon or HWiNFO.  

The other thing to be cautious about is other monitoring programs interfering with each other when attempting the poll the same device.  This typically is not a problem on CPU temps, but then XTU likely has some deep tentacles to allow you to overclock or change or BIOS level settings from the desktop.  I don't use that much anymore and don't have a 9900K, so I can't be sure.  Try the CPU-Z load with XTU fully shutdown.  Then use HWMon (which uses the same API as CUE and CPU-Z) as the secondary verification monitor.  

So here is the same using HWiNFO instead of XTU.  There are small differences from core to core as the two programs poll at different times, but not the substantial differences you are reporting.  This makes me wonder if XTU in interfering.  

Screenshot (238).jpg

@TimonGG Some follow up on this.  I started testing with some other applications and I think I understand what you are talking about.  On my 10900K, cores 9 and 10 are my "cold cores" always a few degrees below the others.  Most applications are still showing that, but CUE is telling me core 3 and 7 are now my cold cores, despite being in the middle of the stack.  That is extremely unlikely.  

So I think we have some core enumeration issues going on here.  CUE uses the CPUID SDK for CPU temps, so other programs also using that likely will match.  Meanwhile OCCT and HWiNFO show my core temp spread exactly as it has been for the last 18 months.  We've seen various glitches in the CPUID SDK before.  Fortunately this seems to be a minor issue.  I will flag it for review, but we'll likely see this for a few versions.